Thin Lizzy (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: Thin Lizzy

Iv'e been giving the Thunder & Lightning album some play again. What a brilliant album IMO. I know there were mixed reviews about the change in style but I think it works well and has stood the test of time.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Iv'e been giving the Thunder & Lightning album some play again. What a brilliant album IMO. I know there were mixed reviews about the change in style but I think it works well and has stood the test of time.

That one is next on my list Sox, it's been a very long time since I played T&L so it should be a revelation.:D

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score

I agree... Thunder and Lightening was sorta a "new begining" for the band.. odd time for theband since they knew they were going to retire the band.. but then Phil changed his mind, but his health was failing.. sad how what really got Phil was the broken heart of having nothing left without the band and his family..

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - Bassist MARCO MENDOZA Discusses New THIN LIZZY Lineup In Video Interview

Bassist MARCO MENDOZA Discusses New THIN LIZZY Lineup In Video Interview - July 8, 2010
During a recent visit to Greece, former WHITESNAKE and current THIN LIZZY bassist Marco Mendoza spoke with Rockpages.gr about several interesting topics, including the new THIN LIZZY lineup. Watch the chat below.

Almost 25 years after the death of legendary Irish rocker Phil Lynott, THIN LIZZY is set to hit the road again — this time with THE ALMIGHTY frontman Ricky Warwick at the helm.

Warwick, 43, replaces Lynott in the latest reincarnation, joining THIN LIZZY alumni Scott Gorham, Brian Downey and Darren Wharton. Also on board are DEF LEPPARD's Vivian Campbell and former WHITESNAKE bassist Marco Mendoza.

THIN LIZZY 2010 is:

Scott Gorham - Guitar
Brian Downey - Drums
Darren Wharton - Keyboards
Vivian Campbell - Guitar
Marco Mendoza - Bass Guitar
Ricky Warwick - Lead Vocals / Guitar

Vic2010

Reaction score

I'd go see this band if they come to South Florida. I never saw the original band but it'd be great just to see a band do the stuff live, plus seeing the legendary Scott Gorham and Brian Downey would be worth it too.

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - Bassist MARCO MENDOZA Discusses New THIN LIZZY Lineup In Video Interview

Bassist MARCO MENDOZA Discusses New THIN LIZZY Lineup In Video Interview - July 8, 2010
During a recent visit to Greece, former WHITESNAKE and current THIN LIZZY bassist Marco Mendoza spoke with Rockpages.gr about several interesting topics, including the new THIN LIZZY lineup. Watch the chat below.

Almost 25 years after the death of legendary Irish rocker Phil Lynott, THIN LIZZY is set to hit the road again — this time with THE ALMIGHTY frontman Ricky Warwick at the helm.

Warwick, 43, replaces Lynott in the latest reincarnation, joining THIN LIZZY alumni Scott Gorham, Brian Downey and Darren Wharton. Also on board are DEF LEPPARD's Vivian Campbell and former WHITESNAKE bassist Marco Mendoza.

THIN LIZZY 2010 is:

Scott Gorham - Guitar
Brian Downey - Drums
Darren Wharton - Keyboards
Vivian Campbell - Guitar
Marco Mendoza - Bass Guitar
Ricky Warwick - Lead Vocals / Guitar

Thank You FlipFlop

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score

I'd go see this band if they come to South Florida. I never saw the original band but it'd be great just to see a band do the stuff live, plus seeing the legendary Scott Gorham and Brian Downey would be worth it too.

I agree.. to see Scott and Brian play would be worth the price..

oldskoolR&R

Reaction score

Wow, I'd go see that. It's not really Lizzy without Phil, but it's good to see Scott and Brian keeping the flag flying.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online