"There will ne NO original Black Sabbath reunion."-Geezer Butler

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I would love to see Ozzy and Sabbath join forces again .I suffered through a butt load of crappy nu-metal bands to see them at Ozzfest more then once
but I just think the attuttute Ozzy keeps exhibiting toward writing new material will only drag it down even if they did reform. That said I'd rather see one of the other guys who wants to be there do it.

By the way, Ozzy is a strange bird ( don't get my comments in my last post fool you I will always look up to him ) ..he got really mad at the last Ozzfest I saw Sabbath at because the young crowd was chanting "OZZY , OZZY , OZZY " instead of SABBATH, SABBATH ,SABBATH ... he scolded the crowd about how important they ( Black Sabbath ) are to him and left the stage w/o an encore.

You would think someone with that much loyalty toward his old mates ( no matter their problems ) would show more positive energy about reforming and doing a new album. :bonk:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Never ever, never say no.

I remember back when Sean Connery said he would NEVER do another James Bond film... this was after the 1971 Diamonds Are Forever.

12 yrs later, Connery was back as Bond in a film appropriately entitled "Never Say Never Again" :bonk:

While I think it would be cool to see an original member Sabbath reunion tour, if it doesn't happen, it really won't matter to me. I've got the albums. I've heard the concerts. I have my memories. As Butler put it "We waited 30 yrs [for this]...?" I'd rather not be disappointed by a reunion effort if they aren't all 100% into it. Even if they are 100% into actually doing it and give 100% of an attempt, will it be anywhere near as good as the golden-age of Sabbath? Most likely not.

Go throw on Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and CRANK IT UP! Remember them for what they were.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
It was actually Ozzy that said "We waited 30 years for this " not Gezzer. Gezzer and Tony have already shown they still have what it takes to write killer Sabbathy riffs on the last Heaven and Hell album. Just because a bunch of grumpy old farts will look at anything Sabbath might do from here on out as not measuring up in their eyes to their teenage album collection doesn't mean Ozzy should let that be the deciding factor as to weather or to record anything new or not.

Lets face it , no matter what they do it won't be enough for that certain group so fixed in their mind set that nothing new is good..so to hell with them and give us ..the real fans.... that are ready to give it an honest listening to a new one .

Ozzy is letting that mind set control his decision...Screw the nay sayers.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Sorry, I missed the quote as to who said what. But I understand where he was coming from.

Don't get me wrong, if Sabbath reuinited and put out a new album of new material, I'd be buying it. But I also wouldn't be sitting here waiting for Paranoid v2 either. That is what some people will be hoping for and/or expecting. To think that could happen is nuts.

And I agree with Heaven and Hell, Geezer/Iommi showed they can still do it up right. However, the third and very important (and now missing) ingredient there was Ronnie.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Sorry, I missed the quote as to who said what. But I understand where he was coming from.

Don't get me wrong, if Sabbath reuinited and put out a new album of new material, I'd be buying it. But I also wouldn't be sitting here waiting for Paranoid v2 either. That is what some people will be hoping for and/or expecting. To think that could happen is nuts.

And I agree with Heaven and Hell, Geezer/Iommi showed they can still do it up right. However, the third and very important (and now missing) ingredient there was Ronnie.

Well Paranoid V.2 is a lame thing to wait on. It's 2011 not 1970 ..I get what you are saying and not saying you would rush judge it yourself just that many people will write it off mentally before they even hear it and then just give it one quick spin just so they can say it sucks . That's what Ozzy fears..the "it's not like 1970" crowds rush to condemn them for anything they might do.
I am not saying everyone of a certain age would do that either

he needs to forget about those people and just do his part to the best of his ability ..we have already seen what Gezzer and Tony can get up to in this day and age.

That is what I am getting at..not a personal attack on you or anything :D

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
The whole situation sucks in that of their two best drummers, one is dead and the other is in poor health for playing over the long run.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Vinny Appice is still alive.

Bill Ward is the original drummer and I think Cozy Powell is better than Ward or Appice. That was my point. But yes, Appice sure as heck could do a good studio album and tour. I just don't think Ozzy wants anything to do with it without Ward.

Nothing against Appice, because I doubt Ozzy would be interested in a lineup with Powell on drums if he were still alive.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online