The worst beatles song?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
The Ballad of Yoko and John.

No song should mention that unholy gathering.

I still haven't forgiven Yoko of breaking up the Beatles.
Her gravestone'll read;
Yoko Ono
1933-2010
Broke up the Beatles

There was more to the break-up than just Yoko, she gets part of the blame, but she was not the sole factor in the band splitting up. They had all grown apart by the time Abbey Road was recorded, they seemed to realize that whatever had held the band together up to that point was gone.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
I try not to be too critical of The Beatles' works, but they really hit the trifecta with "Maxwell's Silver Hammer", "Oh! Darling" and "Octopus's Garden" from Abbey Road.

"Back in the U.S.S.R.", "Yellow Submarine" and "Don't Let Me Down" don't do anything for me either.

Thank God for the "next" button on cd players. :D

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Rev #9
Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Wild Honey Pie
Honey Pie
Piggies

Gah, I could go on, but I dn't have the energy right now. For all the great tunes on the White Album, there's another tune that is so incredibly NOT great.

elfranco

Reaction score
Why so much pounding on Hey Jude? Here's a title that seems to be over-looked, "It's All Too Much". I really enjoy it but I've talked about this tune with others and they hate it. Yellow Submarine, how could anyone dis Ringo? He da man!:bow:

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
I like every song on your list, but REALLY DON'T LIKE this one:

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
I never cared for "The Long and Winding Road"...

I agree with you in a sense. The original let it be version is literally unlistenable because of the strings that George Martin added in. However, the song is a lot better on Let it Be naked, without the strings. Its better there but still not good.

Vintage

Vintage Rocker
Reaction score
I agree with you in a sense. The original let it be version is literally unlistenable because of the strings that George Martin added in. However, the song is a lot better on Let it Be naked, without the strings. Its better there but still not good.

Yes, I like the Let It Be Naked version better without the Phil Spector B.S., but it's still my least favorite Beatles song.

:cheers:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online