The worst beatles song?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
When I was a teenager "Hey Jude" and "Stairway To Heaven" won almost every contest they held for best song year after year. Took me a long time to be able to listen to either of those songs again after being subjected to them so much early in my music exploration phase, and I didn't have a stereo yet so Radio was it.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
When I was a teenager "Hey Jude" and "Stairway To Heaven" won almost every contest they held for best song year after year. Took me a long time to be able to listen to either of those songs again after being subjected to them so much early in my music exploration phase, and I didn't have a stereo yet so Radio was it.

It may be a lot easier for the younger generations to listen to big radio songs like that because we weren't around when they were played 24/7. :confused:

But I think I remember hearing that Stairway's been played so often that you could link each play back-to-back and it would play for 40 years straight, or something like that. :omg:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I wouldn't doubt it Jen.

After avoiding both overplayed songs for over a decade, I let the albums play through now, and can enjoy both, well the first half of Hey Jude, then I am ready to Skip to the next song.:D

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
^^I wouldn't doubt it Jen.

After avoiding both overplayed songs for over a decade, I let the albums play through now, and can enjoy both, well the first half of Hey Jude, then I am ready to Skip to the next song.:D

I'd get murdered for this, but I have to skip over Whole Lotta Love sometimes. The part in the middle with the moans and incoherent nonsense kills the rock vibe for me sometimes. If that part were cut out, it'd be the perfect song for me.

:peek

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That is their other worst song in my books GCCzep...avant garde or groundbreaking or whatever else they want to call it I think it's 100% pure ***** myself.

Jen I am speechless, you actually skip over one of Your bands songs...:eek:

:heheh: I actually love that song, moans groans and all.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
^^That is their other worst song in my books GCCzep...avant garde or groundbreaking or whatever else they want to call it I think it's 100% pure ***** myself.

Jen I am speechless, you actually skip over one of Your bands songs...:eek:

:heheh: I actually love that song, moans groans and all.
LG, Harrison is on record stating that avant garde is French for bulls**t. :D. It wasn't really a song or maybe intentioned to be one. I don't know what it is supposed to be.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Sure, the beatles are amazing. They revolutionized music. But they had some really bad songs. Here are my choices for worst:

-Wild Honey Pie
-Revolution 9
-Revolution 1
-You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)
-Ask Me Why
-Flying
-Baby Your A Rich Man
-Fixing A Hole
-Continuing Story Of bungalow bill
-rocky racoon

anything I missed? feel free to add. opinions?

-Wild Honey Pie- Too short to be on a list of bad songs
-You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)-its a b-side and classic John.
-Revolution 9 -taking experimental to the max. :grinthumb
-Revolution 1 - what their first big protest song. If the fast version didn't exist you would love it too.
-Flying- no I love John on Melltron and Geoge and Pauls guitars and Ringo with the Maracas.
-Continuing Story Of bungalow bill- I love this song sorry don't agree
-rocky racoon- One of my favorite Beatle Songs can't believe people hate it now.
-Fixing A Hole - great home improvement song.
-Ask Me Why- Oh man one of John's first songs?
-Baby Your A Rich Man-yeah not a fan but not sure its the worst.

worst Beatle song. That's a hard one for me. In the 70's I loved everything after Rubber Soul and because of message boards the past 12 years you have made me listen to the Beatles early stuff to death so songs I didn't like so much in the 70's I love today. These days I'll put the Beatles on random (800+ songs) and only really skip bad live songs a studio song is left on and I can go for hours.

I guess
Hello Goodbye

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online