The worst beatles song?

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
George Martin can't be blamed though for "Let It Be", either the LP or the single. The Beatles had for whatever reason turned to wall-of-sound maestro and now convicted murderer Phil Spector to produce the album. He's the one who added the strings ad nauseam.

:wtf:

digapony

Reaction score
I really don't like Ob-La-Di and something about the horn section on Got to Get You Into My Life annoys me. Everything else, I worship, lol.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I don't find anything wrong any of these songs...and on a good day I can dig Rev. # 9 and even on a bad day I won't skip over it to get to Goodnight quicker. Ruins the magic for me. :grinthumb

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Good list! I'd add:

Dr. Robert
Maxwell's Silver Hammer
Long and Winding Road
Hey Jude
Get Back
Lady Madonna
Back in the U.S.S.R.
Dear Prudence

In fact, most of the "White Album". There are just too many campy numbers and British dance hall sendoffs in the "White Album" for my liking.

My favourite Beatles' albums in chronological order are "Beatles '65", "Rubber Soul", "Revolver" and "Magical Mystery Tour".

:guitar:

I thought I was the only one who did not see what the hype was all about regarding the White Album. :cheers:

I like all the other songs mentioned and can't believe that some are on the list. I started listening to The Beatles when they first came onto the scene so maybe that is why I like their simple early stuff as well as their later sophisticated artistry.

Last edited:

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
My least favorite songs by my favorite band are: Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, From Me to You, Eight Days a Week, Not a Second Time, What Goes On, Real Love, All Together Now and Rocky Raccoon. Touching on a couple of the above replies: If Hey Jude is too long for you, you might like the shorter edit that was on their American LP "20 Greatest Hits" from 1984. As for The Long and Winding Road, my favorite version is on "Anthology 3". It's the same as the official version, only without Phil Spector's "contribution".

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
Wild Honey Pie
The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
Rocky Raccoon
Hey Jude(it's not terrible, I'm just sick to death of it)
Revolution 9
Magical Mystery Tour
Helter Skelter

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
It's not the length of "Hey Jude" that bothers me so much Mr. Bob...it's the endless repetition of the refrain that irritates me no end, you would think as talented as Paul and John were they could have come up with Something more interesting instead of what we ended up with.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I used to think "Hey Jude" was pretty pompous in the second half but a while ago I saw Sir Paul perform it at the Hard Rock Calling on tv and with the way the crowd was during the second half....the "nahs" became something of a an anthem, a celebration if you will, something that everyone could sing regardless of language and unite them in the power of song.

Now granted it was written when The Beatles were a studio only band so the group never actually got to see the song at it's live peak but still.....

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's different, you are talking about an event, so it most likely was a helluva alot of fun for the fans and Paul when they performed it.

Just as a studio song, hells bells when I think of how few songs John and Paul allowed George and Ringo to contribute it baffles me they let that one run on so long, instead of putting another track on the album. After all you could still do it for a fun concert interactive piece, as long as you wanted.(Blind Guardian has a great song off their Cologne concert DVD, "Valhalla", Hansi just let them go until they were exhausted then started up where he left off.)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I'm not even a Beatles fan in the least but have always thought that Let It Be was better than Hey Jude, which always seems to prevail in terms of critical praise.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online