The Strokes (Official Thread)

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Re: The Strokes Announce New Album

It's released officially, the official time on the Strokes website was set to Eastern everywhere...so TECHNICALLY, we just got it a couple hours early.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

It's released officially, the official time on the Strokes website was set to Eastern everywhere...so TECHNICALLY, we just got it a couple hours early.

Holy shit. I just checked my itunes and my copy is being downloaded. Sweet, I get to listen to it now.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

From the get go, I am already diggin it. Machu Piccu is a very cool song, and the vocals are fantastic.

Moving into Under Cover of Darkness

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

As promised, here is a download to the album. If you run into any issues, please let me know.

Click each track name for a download:

If you get a plug in error, just scroll down and you'll see the "Free Download Here" link.

Enjoy.

The-Strokes-Angels-305x305.jpg

Maccu Pichu
Under Cover of Darkness
Two Kinds of Happiness
You're So Right
Taken For A Fool
Games
Call Me Back
Gratisfaction
Metabolism
Life Is Simple In The Moonlight

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Re: The Strokes

I see The Strokes as somewhat of a combination of Led Zeppelin and The Doors...

Julian Casablancas is like Jim Morrison in terms of lyricism and racy frontman-ism....

Nikolai Fraiture is a lot like John Paul Jones...just in so many ways haha.

Nick Valensi has the lead guitar player charm like Jimmy Page.

Albert Hammond Jr. has got the Robbie Krieger look DOWN, and just the unique guitar style.

Fab Moretti kind of has the looks of John Densmore, and the hardcore drumming of John Bonham.

Can't you sort of see it???

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Gotta admit, though I should be saying this in the other thread...I gave the new album two listens. I only got half way through it the second time. But I enjoyed it a lot. It was full of so much energy the entire time. It'll become a top 10 album of mine for sure.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

Gotta admit, though I should be saying this in the other thread...I gave the new album two listens. I only got half way through it the second time. But I enjoyed it a lot. It was full of so much energy the entire time. It'll become a top 10 album of mine for sure.
Agreed! :)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

It has a very...80's/upbeat feel to it. I dont know if you feel the same way, but thats the impression I got from it.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online