The Strokes (Official Thread)

Atrim3ntus

Reaction score
Re: The Strokes

Meet Me In The Bathroom and You Talk Way Too Much?

NICE. Those 2 are definitely in my top 5!

When I went to see them they didn't play many songs from Room On Fire (BEST ALBUM IMO!!!) or least not as many as I would like

Syd

Reaction score

Aaah... the Strokes. Their first album 'Is This It' was released 10 years ago last saturday. A long time ago, but they have certainly made a great impact in modern rock music, basically starting a whole scene along other bands such as Libertines, White Stripes, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

ANF

Reaction score

They were completely off my radar until the past few months when I've started to get more into the critical bands and the sort because I cannot stomach the stuff on radio, but "Angles" is one of my fave albums of 2011 so far.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

Aaah... the Strokes. Their first album 'Is This It' was released 10 years ago last saturday. A long time ago, but they have certainly maade a great impact in modern rock music, basically starting a whole scene along other bands such as Libertines, White Stripes, etc.
yikes its been 10 years already remember seeing them several times in 2001 like it was yesterday. Yes the Strokes, White Stripes, Interpol and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs were the scene in 2001 and 2002 on the lower east side of NYC. Prior to 2001 I was seeing about 10 concerts a year but because of the new rock scene in NYC I was seeing 75+ shows by 2003. Let alone hanging out to 3-4 in the morning hanging out with the lower level bands at the time.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
They still around doing their thang, Sweaty. They just put out a new albums last year and I really love the lead single, "Under Cover Of Darkness" from it. :good

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online