The Strokes (Official Thread)

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Re: The Strokes Announce New Album

That's good to hear though. Now I am even more excited to get it. I can understand that though, I have a lot of other music to hold me down until then. But when it's here, I am going to go Strokes crazy, that's for sure!
As you should. :heheh:

Although I have been hearing very mixed opinions on the new album...I think I just happen to be one of the more open-minded about it, because a lot of people were complaining, and accusing the album of 'not sounding like The Strokes'. Which, in my opinion sounds a little BS, because this is their first album in which Julian backed off for a significant part of the songwriting and let the others come out with stuff on their own. So I would think that it, if anything, the album would sound MORE like The STROKES even if it may be different than JC's songwriting style, that everyone's used to. Change is a good thing, but hey everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

As you should. :heheh:

Although I have been hearing very mixed opinions on the new album...I think I just happen to be one of the more open-minded about it, because a lot of people were complaining, and accusing the album of 'not sounding like The Strokes'. Which, in my opinion sounds a little BS, because this is their first album in which Julian backed off for a significant part of the songwriting and let the others come out with stuff on their own. So I would think that it, if anything, the album would sound MORE like The STROKES even if it may be different than JC's songwriting style, that everyone's used to. Change is a good thing, but hey everyone's entitled to their opinion.

I personally like it in some ways when a band takes a different road on an album. I think I am going to enjoy it. I am as well very open minded when it comes to music, so with all the mixed opinions going on about it, I will still enjoy it for the music. The same was I was with The Decemberists, their recent album sounds different than there other work, but it's still great. Some reviewers I swear just love to make an album seem worse then it really is.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

I personally like it in some ways when a band takes a different road on an album. I think I am going to enjoy it. I am as well very open minded when it comes to music, so with all the mixed opinions going on about it, I will still enjoy it for the music. The same was I was with The Decemberists, their recent album sounds different than there other work, but it's still great. Some reviewers I swear just love to make an album seem worse then it really is.
Agreed. :grinthumb

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

I just got my 'Angles' t-shirt bundle on Friday!

+'Angles' CD
+7" Vinyl of 'Under Cover of Darkness' Single w/ 'You're So Right' B-side
+'Angles' T-Shirt

YAY! I listened to both the single, and the album like 3 times already, I love it to death. And I feel lucky to have been able to get a hard copy of the album 4 days before its official release!

P.S. Now that the album is actually out, I might shift this whole thing either to a new thread in the Music News forum, or the Album Reviews with a new title...I'll let you know! :D

Last edited:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Damn dude, I don't get my copy for another two days still. And those two days will get me more and more excited.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

Right, so yeah...now that people are actually getting Angles as a hard copy, I figured it would be good to set this up elsewhere as an album review...with a new name!

Find it here!

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I'll be writing a good review in there as soon as I get my copy. For sure.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

Let it be known that 'Angles', the new album by The Strokes, has now officially been released nationwide in the U.S.A.!!!

Happy release everybody!

THE WAIT IS OVER!!!

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

3 more hours for me. Must've been released on the east coast.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online