The Strokes (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Re: The Strokes

That is very good JimmyByrne09, I love this band and would love to see them live (maybe in my local pub) :)

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

Nice Sweaty, but I don't know the chances of catching The Strokes around in a pub these days... :heheh: But, ya never know, you might get lucky. Actually they are touring around England now, which is where you live from what I see in your description thingy. But, if you get the chance to go see them, you definately should, I'd be pretty jealous. :D

Syd

Reaction score

Wowww! Awesome video JimmyByrne09! I love both The Strokes and Jack White. And as you, I would be jealous if Sweaty get to see them live. I don't know about how they tour in the rest of the world, but I believe they did some pub shows a while ago in New York. That would be awesome to catch. Jaja.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

Wowww! Awesome video JimmyByrne09! I love both The Strokes and Jack White. And as you, I would be jealous if Sweaty get to see them live. I don't know about how they tour in the rest of the world, but I believe they did some pub shows a while ago in New York. That would be awesome to catch. Jaja.
Totally, as I said earlier, once they announce a date they're coming to Chicago, I'm gonna be on it. That would be a GREAT show! :grinthumb

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

For any fan of the Strokes and/or Jack White, this is just awesome!!!

I was at that show!! the crowd was nuts for a Radio City Show although it was no Halloween nite Dead show in 1980. :heheh:
The Strokes and White Stripes at Radio City Music Hall Aug 2002. After the show we ended up at some Sky Bar and then we somehow ended up in someones apartment in the Sky Bar building until sunrise. Crazy night.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

I was at that show!! the crowd was nuts for a Radio City Show although it was no Halloween nite Dead show in 1980. :heheh:
The Strokes and White Stripes at Radio City Music Hall Aug 2002. After the show we ended up at some Sky Bar and then we somehow ended up in someones apartment in the Sky Bar building until sunrise. Crazy night.
:omg: I can not express nearly enough in words of how envious of you I am right now Aktivator....:mad

Haha, that just blows my mind...tell me about the concert, how was it overall? And why was Julian on crutches, I was wondering that...

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

:omg: I can not express nearly enough in words of how envious of you I am right now Aktivator....:mad

Haha, that just blows my mind...tell me about the concert, how was it overall? And why was Julian on crutches, I was wondering that...

actually the nite before was even better both bands played at a small venue (irving plaza) and instead of being 40 rows back(Radio City) I was up front dancing with a bunch of other major fans. Jack was insane don't remember the whole setlist but rated X nd Boll Weevil was nuts. Then the Strokes came on, Julian was on a stool because he hurt his foot a few weeks before the shows and stole the show. song after song they nailed it. Julin was hopping around. check the comments from my friends blog at the time:

Here are some comments from my friend from that nite:
"Last night, The Strokes BLEW THE ROOF OFF. Julian has a new Dorthy Hamill haircut, Niko got a trim… I can’t remember anything else because it was SO HOT IN THERE, I WANTED TO TAKE OFF MY CLOTHES. Mucho “celeb” sightings, but let’s not talk about that. They sang the new song whatever it’s called and the 3 other “new” songs… did they? Um.. didn’t play “When It Started,” don’t think. Um… huh? Where am I?

THE BEST PART WAS WHEN JULIAN HOPPED ON STAGE. ROCK ON.

Oh yeah, and like The White Stripes were there too.

I’m sorry, I really can’t explain it, but as much as I love the White Stripes, it was really all about The Strokes last night. Totally. It’s the first show they’ve done in New York in… 8 months… and it’s just… *sigh* dunno. Great.

THERE AREN’T ANY PICTURES, SO DON’T GET YOUR PANTIES IN A TWIST."

The next night at Radio City was a different vibe. The bridge and tunnel people were in the house and many others who most likely hadn't seen either band before. I had seen both a few times by then. It was nice to see both bands had made it and played the great set. Jolene, Rated X, astro and Boll Weevil for the White Stripes. They had some problems soundwise as Jack was trying to over play for the big venue. Then just like the nite before the Strokes came on and had no problem with Radio City's vast hall. They played another killer set and when Jack came out at the end to play NY City cops we all ran up front to watch.
here are the setlists from Radio City:
The White Stripes

1. When I Hear My Name
2. I Think I Smell A Rat
3. Jolene (D.Parton)
4. Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground
5. Apple Blossom
6. Hotel Yorba
7. Isis (Dylan)
8. Death Letter (Son House)
9. Little Room
10. The Union Forever
11. Rated X (Lynn)
12. Astro/Jack The Ripper (Screaming Lord Sutch)/Farmer John
13. We're Going To Be Friends
14. Offend In Every Way/Wayfarin' Stranger/Cannon
15. Screwdriver
16. Boll Weevil (Leadbelly).

Source: White Stripes Official Website

Edit setlist
The Strokes

1. The Way It Is
2. Someday
3. Soma
4. Meet Me In The Bathroom
5. The Modern Age
6. Hard To Explain
7. Is This It
8. Take it or Leave it
9. Ze Newie
10. Trying Your Luck
11. Last Nite
12. Alone Together
13. You Talk Way Too Much
14. Barely Legal
15. New York City Cops

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

Great revue Aktivator, I so want to see the Strokes but missed out before they got big as had a ticket for £9 and they cancelled as the drummer had hurt his hand so now they only play big venues or festivals, one day:)

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

actually the nite before was even better both bands played at a small venue (irving plaza) and instead of being 40 rows back(Radio City) I was up front dancing with a bunch of other major fans. Jack was insane don't remember the whole setlist but rated X nd Boll Weevil was nuts. Then the Strokes came on, Julian was on a stool because he hurt his foot a few weeks before the shows and stole the show. song after song they nailed it. Julin was hopping around. check the comments from my friends blog at the time:

Here are some comments from my friend from that nite:
"Last night, The Strokes BLEW THE ROOF OFF. Julian has a new Dorthy Hamill haircut, Niko got a trim… I can’t remember anything else because it was SO HOT IN THERE, I WANTED TO TAKE OFF MY CLOTHES. Mucho “celeb” sightings, but let’s not talk about that. They sang the new song whatever it’s called and the 3 other “new” songs… did they? Um.. didn’t play “When It Started,” don’t think. Um… huh? Where am I?

THE BEST PART WAS WHEN JULIAN HOPPED ON STAGE. ROCK ON.

Oh yeah, and like The White Stripes were there too.

I’m sorry, I really can’t explain it, but as much as I love the White Stripes, it was really all about The Strokes last night. Totally. It’s the first show they’ve done in New York in… 8 months… and it’s just… *sigh* dunno. Great.

THERE AREN’T ANY PICTURES, SO DON’T GET YOUR PANTIES IN A TWIST."

The next night at Radio City was a different vibe. The bridge and tunnel people were in the house and many others who most likely hadn't seen either band before. I had seen both a few times by then. It was nice to see both bands had made it and played the great set. Jolene, Rated X, astro and Boll Weevil for the White Stripes. They had some problems soundwise as Jack was trying to over play for the big venue. Then just like the nite before the Strokes came on and had no problem with Radio City's vast hall. They played anProxy-Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0

her killer set and when Jack came out at the end to play NY City cops we all ran up front to watch.
here are the setlists from Radio City:
The White Stripes

1. When I Hear My Name
2. I Think I Smell A Rat
3. Jolene (D.Parton)
4. Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground
5. Apple Blossom
6. Hotel Yorba
7. Isis (Dylan)
8. Death Letter (Son House)
9. Little Room
10. The Union Forever
11. Rated X (Lynn)
12. Astro/Jack The Ripper (Screaming Lord Sutch)/Farmer John
13. We're Going To Be Friends
14. Offend In Every Way/Wayfarin' Stranger/Cannon
15. Screwdriver
16. Boll Weevil (Leadbelly).

Source: White Stripes Official Website

Edit setlist
The Strokes

1. The WPProxy-Connection: keep-alive

oxy-Connection: keep-alive

xy-Connection: keep-alive

It Is
2. Someday
3. Soma
4. Meet Me In The Bathroom
5. The Modern Age
6. Hard To Explain
7. Is This It
8. Take it or Leave it
9. Ze Newie
10. Trying Your Luck
11. Last Nite
12. Alone Together
13. You Talk Way Too Much
14. Barely Legal
15. New York City Cops
:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

..............:mad

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

Been practicing 'New York City Cops' with my buddies for the past few weeks, I'm singing and playing guitar to it...Julian C. definately takes a toll on one's vocal chords.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online