The Strokes - First Impressions Of Earth (2006)

Reaction score
First Impressions Of Earth-The Strokes

FIOEstrokes.jpg

1. You Only Live Once 7.5/10
2. Juicebox 8/10
3. Heart In A Cage 10/10
4. Razorblade 9/10
5. On The Other Side 7/10
6. Vision Of Division 9/10
7. Ask Me Anything 7/10
8. Electricityscape 8/10
9. Killing Lies 7.5/10
10. Fear Of Sleep 8/10
11. 15 Minutes 7/10
12. Ize of The World 7.5/10
13. Evening Sun 6.5/10
14. Red Light 8.5/10

The Strokes' third album proved to be much more mature and produced. They took a new direction with this one, which I can't blame them. Their second LP Room On Fire sounded almost exactly like their flawless debut, but for some reason I find myself liking it better. So this album is mostly just the strokes telling us they can do more than just the raw rock sound they showed us on their first two albums.

This is a song album, as I found their first two were album albums so to speak. What I mean by that is this album doesn't flow as well as the other two, the individual songs are great and I actually love their new sound, but it just doesn't fit together.

I'm not accusing it as being choppy, I'm just comparing it to their other albums, I mean after making two albums like they did, you can't help but compare every move they make to their previous work. That being said I don't think this album is nearly as good as the others, it is a very good album, but for lack of a better phase, their worst.

My Rating: 7.0/10

So this leaves me curious, what do you think the order of the strokes' albums are? Pleases list what you think...

please list them best to worst :)

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Re: First Impressions Of Earth-The Strokes

I just got my preordered version of Angles in the mail on Friday, and I love it to death...so including Angles, I'll go ahead and post my favorites best to least...

1. First Impressions of Earth
2. Angles
3. Room on Fire
4. Is This It

Wow...that was a pounder on my brain....and this does not mean I like any album any better than another...this was way too hard to choose anyways. I love them all equally. This is pretty much just an 'IF I HAD TO CHOOSE BEING HELD AT GUNPOINT OVER A POT OF BOILING WATER' scenario. :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online