The Rolling Stones (Official Thread)

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D!
Reaction score
Love the Organ in this:
Rolling Stones - Let It Loose.

Ride pretty much took loads from the Stones for their Carnival Of Light album. The kids choir on "I don't know where it comes from" is direct nod to "You Can't Always Get What You Want". Even the fish eye photo for the cover.
Organ here:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Crikey! In my experience of record collecting( I've never sold!)... prices are subjective and it's really down to an individual what they will pay. In the past I have attempted to value... say my Stones collection, I have hundreds of French, German and US EP's and picture sleeves, and rare albums like A Dozen Berry's and YaYa's in a green sleeve with 70s bubble writing. I was in Barcelona with the kids on holiday years ago, and near Marine World was an old musical instrument store... I nipped in on the off chance... what a frickin' haul! walked out with 30 or so mint 70s Stones singles (and pop etc).. I often wonder what the Sabbath Vertigo swirl albums are worth?
Thing is, I never bought vinyl for value or investment.... only because I liked them... maybe my weird taste has now reaped it's rewards.
Still can't beat rock on 180g wax.... and loud!

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D!
Reaction score
Crikey! In my experience of record collecting( I've never sold!)... prices are subjective and it's really down to an individual what they will pay. In the past I have attempted to value... say my Stones collection, I have hundreds of French, German and US EP's and picture sleeves, and rare albums like A Dozen Berry's and YaYa's in a green sleeve with 70s bubble writing. I was in Barcelona with the kids on holiday years ago, and near Marine World was an old musical instrument store... I nipped in on the off chance... what a frickin' haul! walked out with 30 or so mint 70s Stones singles (and pop etc).. I often wonder what the Sabbath Vertigo swirl albums are worth?
Thing is, I never bought vinyl for value or investment.... only because I liked them... maybe my weird taste has now reaped it's rewards.
Still can't beat rock on 180g wax.... and loud!
Wow such hauls now would be rear I would think. Then again those off the beaten track shops you can find. I bet your collection and a lot of peoples I've seen on here would be worth quite a bit. But like you said the vinyl is to be listened to and getting my new turntable and listen to the 180g discs have made me very happy again. The sound is lost on other formats isn't it.

Edit: The Stones sound extra special on vinyl don't they :)

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
This is quite interesting... bit of Jagger does James Brown from June '64....same session as when keith said:"Muddy Waters was painting Chess Studios ceiling"... when they walked in- he got his own back on his Electric Mud album( Let's Spend The Night Together.)

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D!
Reaction score
This is quite interesting... bit of Jagger does James Brown from June '64....same session as when keith said:"Muddy Waters was painting Chess Studios ceiling"... when they walked in- he got his own back on his Electric Mud album( Let's Spend The Night Together.)
One to grab on vinyl too by the looks of it.

E-Z

Reaction score
Been getting into re-listening to some Stones and Keith Richards stuff lately namely Let It Bleed and Keith's Talk Is Cheap & Main Offender albums.

Strangely every track on Let It Bleed sounds better now than the whole album did a couple of decades ago??.

Last edited:

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D!
Reaction score
Been getting into re-listening to some Stones and Keith Richards stuff lately namely Let It Bleed and Keith's Talk Is Cheap & Main Offender albums.

Strangely every track on Let It Bleed sounds better now than the whole album did a couple of decades ago??.
I think there is some magic with the Stones that no matter how much you listen to them you find something new in the music that makes you enjoy them again and again throughout time.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online