The Moody Blues (Official Thread)

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
^^^ oh yeah Big Ears, it's all good stuff there. Man, I've been kind of in a Moodies mood lately, really diggin' 'em. There is nobody else quite like The Moody Blues.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
^^^ oh yeah Big Ears, it's all good stuff there. Man, I've been kind of in a Moodies mood lately, really diggin' 'em. There is nobody else quite like The Moody Blues.

If you like The Moody Bues, you might like Barclay James Harvest. They were known as the poor man's Moody Blues, but are a good band in their own right.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Still my pick of the litter when it comes to Moodies albums MP, and I played my vinyl copy last night in fact.:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's another good one Nolo, I think the Moodies run of excellence in their early years ranks with any band, not one 'duffer' in the lot as Sox would say.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Two groups that I can't understand exactly why they're not in the hall of fame.The Moodies and Chicago.And yes,the Moodies' earlier works are indeed dreadfully overlooked.Their "Moody Blues #1" has many keen works of English stylings of American R&B.I really dig "Go Now",a tune that original lead guitarist Denny Laine made part of Paul McCartney and Wings' sensational 1975-76 world tour.His singing voice at least on that one is a bit reminiscent of John Lennon I think.To this day,Mike Pinder remains close friends with Sir Paul and Ringo as well.I also learned that Pinder played on John Lennon's "Imagine" LP.............

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
The Moody Blues put on one of the best shows that I have seen. They toured South Africa last year and I went to the concert not really expecting anything. Their energy, stage presence and musicianship won me over and I now listen to them with a new ear. Also very humble guys. They have my admiration and respect. :bow:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online