The Lemon Pipers (Official Thread)

Zombeels

Reaction score
Re: The Lemon Pipers

Best songs by the Lemon Pipers are Turn Around And Take A Look and Through With You

Rocker440

Reaction score

I think The B-Track song to "Green Tambourine" was "No Help From Me", which ironically enough wasn't included on the Original "Green Tambourine" album, but I doubt it's the song you're referring to. I personally have that song on my Best Of The Lemon Pipers CD too and I think more recent reissues of "The Green Tambourine" album also include "No Help From Me" as a Bonus track. "Jelly Jungle" is the opening song to their second album and it's B-Side is "Shoeshine Boy" which is another track I have on my "Best Of" CD! :D And the B-Track to "Rick is Nice" is "Blueberry Blue" which again is a song on my CD! :grinthumb

But here's a list of all the stuff their've put out and other albums which had their stuff on it! :D

Wow, thanks Zombeels! I had totally forgotten about "Shoeshine Boy". Also, thanks for the link, after looking over the excellent info on that site, I'm trying to remember where my 45's are. It has been a long time since I've tried playing any of my old records. It may take me quite some time just to find them. :heheh:

I'm more curious now then before to find out the songs on them, probably more so then trying to play them. ;)

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

It has been a long time since I've tried playing any of my old records. It may take me quite some time just to find them.

Well worth the effort! If your turntable is decent, you'll find that they put your CDs to shame.

:****:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score

Hepcat wrote:

Well worth the effort! If your turntable is decent, you'll find that they put your CDs to shame.

And what's wrong with the CD I might ask? :wtf:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

We've already beaten that subject to death and dragged the corpse around the block a couple of times for good measure in other stereo related threads.

:D

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score

Hepcat wrote:

We've already beaten that subject to death and dragged the corpse around the block a couple of times for good measure in other stereo related threads.

:D

No we haven't, I want to know do The Lemon Pipers sound better on Vinyl as opposed to CD as a result of Master tapes being damaged.

What's this got to do with Stereo? If you ask me it sounds like your sound gear is expensive because you're only using 110v - if you had 240v like the rest of the world you would have been just fine! :D

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

CP/M User:
No we haven't, I want to know do The Lemon Pipers sound better on Vinyl as opposed to CD as a result of Master tapes being damaged.

I'd say that the Lemon Pipers cannot sound nearly as good on CD as on the original vinyl if the master tapes were damaged before the production of the CD.

If you ask me it sounds like your sound gear is expensive....

Yes, my sound gear is expensive relative to that of a broad cross section of the populace. And it's also probably expensive compared to that of most of the posters on this board, with a few noteworthy exceptions.

But it's not expensive relative to the systems of many on audiophile forums. I'm sure many on those forums have to restrain themselves from sneering at my "entry level" equipment, probably less so out of politeness than out of fear of my sarcasm which is at least equal to most despite the shortcomings of my sound equipment.

... because you're only using 110v - if you had 240v like the rest of the world you would have been just fine! :D

No, that would not be a factor - since every decent audio component has a built in transformer to provide exactly the current necessary to enable that component to perform at its maximum potential. That's why these power conditioner units made by companies like Monster Power are at best of questionable merit.

Secondly, keep in mind that thriving audiophile communities exist outside North America - including in Australia. Check your local newstand. You'll find at least one Australian published magazine devoted to sound equipment for audiophiles.

:rock:

Last edited:

Rocker440

Reaction score

^^^Wow, Flower! Have you been rummaging around in some of my Buddah Records 45's recently? ;) Not only are those two great LP songs, I believe they were on the same record as well. Also, that looks very similar to my old turntable, too! :oyea:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online