"The King!" Elvis Presley (Official Thread)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
It truly infuriates my when the mention of Presley's name in many small minds only conjures up visions of drug abuse and morbid obesity.Elvis was an incredibly gifted singer and stage performer and had enormous impact on world culture and his memory well deserves porportional recognition.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
One King To Rule Them All

It truly infuriates my when the mention of Presley's name in many small minds only conjures up visions of drug abuse and morbid obesity.Elvis was an incredibly gifted singer and stage performer and had enormous impact on world culture and his memory well deserves porportional recognition.
Well, the minority you speak of are probably not so savvy with their musical history so there's that. Presley influenced many a singer...the ones that come to mind immediately are John Lennon and Robert Plant. Plant has mentioned that one of his cherished moments was he and Presley trading lines of "Treat Me Like A Fool" in the hallway after meeting him. Just heard a Beatles BBC Radio recording of "That's Alright Mama" weeks ago. McCartney nailed it down including the twang.

I hope his Memphis, Madison Square Garden and Hawaii gigs are released on Blu Ray soon so I can scoop them up. Been fighting off the temptation of buying the DVD versions. The former format should sound so much better figuring they'd remix the audio.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
556419_10151801915028678_553652971_n.jpg

Legendary Picture

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11