"The King!" Elvis Presley (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: "The King! The Official Elvis Presley Thread"

In today's economy, I wonder what that $102.5k would translate to.

I tried to find a value earlier when I posted that. I read that it is worth $100 Million USD. But I couldn't find a source to confirm this amount.

I do know it costs $34.00 per person to tour Graceland and see Elvis's 747 jet.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Someday, if I ever get down to that part of the country, I would love to tour Graceland. it would be worth the money to just walk through that historic part of our musical history in the U.S. I'm hardly an Elvis worshipper, but I respect his place in music as one of the all-time greats and an incredible rock and roll icon.

This is a great little skit from Eddie Murphy - Delirious (1982) .. doing an impression of Elvis.

Still makes me laugh 30 years after it came out. :heheh:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That was funny, Lynch, especially the fart part :heheh:

You know, Eddie Murphy is pretty good at voice impressions. He sounded a lot like Elvis...really.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Yeah I thought so too. That performance of his was probably the best Eddie ever was in comedy, peak of his game (to me).

Back on track... here's a picture of Elvis when he was still the coolest mo fo on the planet. Beatles-be-damned... Elvis was STILL the shizz back in the late 60's.

Messy hair and all... that 1968 concert was awesome!!!! :bow:

403px-Elvis_1968.jpg

nwobhm

Reaction score
love elvis

i bought his 50 cd ultimate collection

love promised land

check it out MIB :)

Syd

Reaction score
I kinda liked Elvis, but always considered him a singles artist. That, until I listened to "From Elvis In Memphis". I was blown away from the first song to the last. good stuff. Brilliant!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
June 26, 1977

This date marks the last concert of Elvis Presley. The concert was held at Market Square Arena, Indianaplolis, Indiana.

He serenaded the audience with the following Setlist:

1.See See Rider
2.I Got A Woman / Amen
3.Love Me
4.Fairytale
5.You Gave Me a Mountain
6.Jailhouse Rock
7.It's Now Or Never
8.Little Sister
9.Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel
10.Release Me
11.I Can't Stop Loving You
12.Bridge Over Troubled Water
13.Early Morning Rain
14.What'd I Say
15.Johnny B. Goode
16.I Really Don't Want to Know
17.Hurt
18.Hound Dog
19.Can't Help Failing in Love
20.Closing-Vamp

TB_

Reaction score
I remember my grandma being at our house. Watching me play runescape. (I was 12). And being really curious about my computer. And how other people interacted with me. I showed her youtube and how easy it was to find songs, and the first thing she wanted to do was to listen to Elvis.

She wanted to listen to the love me tender song, and it looks like she really really enjoyed. (she had her eyes closed the entire song). Now seeing this thread, I got these memories. And I can't help but think of her as a 16 year old listening to the newest Phenomenon that was Elvis.

And also comparing it to my sister who at that age loved poker face is kind of funny. But anyway, I am really curious about music back then now. I probably should talk to her again.

CurtRHCP

Reaction score
Elvis Presley, the best of the best... The Legend, 36 years after his death he's still with us!

I went to 2 live concert of him, I'm 22 years, so it was the concert with Elvis on a huge screen, and his musicians playing live.
Unfortunately JD Sumner was death just 2or3 week before this show, so I never saw him in real...

I was a kid when I went to this concert. (I forget the date of the concerts)
I was with my parents, my father is a huge fan of Elvis.

I have to say, it's really really cool to see James Burton, Ronnie Tutt, and all the other musicians in real life.
It's just a chance.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online