The Firm (Official Thread)

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
The_Firm.jpg

The Firm on Wikipedia

I saw The Firm in '85 (one of my first concerts) and thought Jimmy Page and Paul Rogers were great together. I had tix too see them again on the Mean Business tour but Rogers broke his leg an the tour was cancelled. I thought this was a great band rounded out by Chris Slade and Tony Franklin. I especially like Tony Franklin's bass playing. Very unique (check out Cadillac from Mean Business). And Chris Slade is one of those heavy as hell drummers. (Saw him again on AC/DC's Razor's edge tour). I think Satisfaction Guaranteed is one of the best rock ballads ever. In an era of hair bands The Firm were a great collaboration of rock's veterans. Too bad they didn't continue.

Albums:

1985 The Firm
1986 Mean Business

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocker440

Reaction score
Re: The Firm

I enjoy both this unique band, the music and the potential prospects for further releases. Although there may be high or great expectations for some people that a band that has big name artists should continually make many hit songs, records and also have big album sales that doesn't always happen. In some instances having expectations along those lines may perhaps put more pressure to have big hit records, imo. Imo, some artists that might be choosing to form a band that they perhaps are doing so mostly to just be more creative in both song writing and also learning more, as well as enjoy each others contributions, too.

I've listened to and enjoyed Mean Business for many years and continue to listen to it as often as possible! There are excellent songs on both releases, but I've taken a large shine to the songs on Mean Business, myself. :)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Is this the only album they put out???
41WA91BNPVL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
It's the only one I have and it's not bad.. Tony Franklin caught my attention and I wondered why he used a Jazz style Bass on this album.. I often wondered if he would have went with more of a metal sound using Active pick ups that it would have fit more with the music..
But ya.. I get the feeling anything Paul Rodgers and Jimmy Page touches becomes gold..:D

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

No they had two.

All The Kings Horses was great on this...oh and interesting observation on the bass sounds Thumper. :grinthumb

842b9833e7a0430714aa0110.L._AA240_.jpg

runtfan

Reaction score

I'm pretty wishy washy at best concerning The Firm. I just recently listened to both of those albums and I think they're both pretty lackluster. The songs are just OK and Jimmy Page's playing was nothing to write home about.

Rocker440

Reaction score

A couple of videos of The Firm:

Radioactive

All The King's Horses

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

All the Kings Horses was my favorite track from The Firm. I wonder what they could have been had they put out a couple more albums. To me, this was something to pass the time between other projects. Good stuff, but certainly not great, especially considering the resume the two big stars had.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.