The Favorite Bands/Artists/Groups of the CRF Census

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
I believe a top ten should be in rotation and based on impulse with a few exceptions that may stay in there. I look at my list and think that a month a go it could've been much different. I hope I don't reach the age of music staleness where I don't have a wild card that slips into my top ten for a while. I have a feeling their are tons of bands I haven't even heard yet that will make it in there soon enough. :grinthumb
Yeah that is why I went the 10 studio album limit. Without it my top 10 would look a little different. Radiohead would be in the top 10, Genesis would be highter and Neil Young and the Grateful Dead would be out of the top 10. The interesting thing for me was I did a list of my top 500 bands about three years ago which is where I went to figure this out. The big jump was Tori because she has had three new albums(2 plus the xmas cd). There are several 90's and 00's bands that are getting to the 7+ album mark putting them in the mix.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I am impressed AK, you put Gong at number One.

I don't know if they'll be on my list but it's nice to see them mentioned in Cosmic's thread.:grinthumb

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
I am impressed AK, you put Gong at number One.

I don't know if they'll be on my list but it's nice to see them mentioned in Cosmic's thread.:grinthumb
thanks Gong is my favorite band has been since the early 90's. I like the fact that they have changed styles so many times making them a more well rounded band which fits me because I like so many styles of music.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Yeah that is why I went the 10 studio album limit. Without it my top 10 would look a little different. Radiohead would be in the top 10, Genesis would be highter and Neil Young and the Grateful Dead would be out of the top 10. The interesting thing for me was I did a list of my top 500 bands about three years ago which is where I went to figure this out. The big jump was Tori because she has had three new albums(2 plus the xmas cd). There are several 90's and 00's bands that are getting to the 7+ album mark putting them in the mix.

Good strategy! I wouldn't have been able to include finicky album artist Fiona then though and she's been a favorite of mine since high school! :heheh: I also let a couple artist that are only a couple years old but I still haven't stopped listening to their handful of albums for over a year now slip in! :heheh:

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Good strategy! I wouldn't have been able to include finicky album artist Fiona then though and she's been a favorite of mine since high school! :heheh: I also let a couple artist that are only a couple years old but I still haven't stopped listening to their handful of albums for over a year now slip in! :heheh:
Yeah I love Fiona to death too but I've got to knock her back for lack of output. :wa: Okay I'll carry this discussion over to the FIona Thread. back to best aritsts.

rtbuck

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm back but due to a few health setbacks I may not be on quite as much for the next couple weeks but what a cool thread to come back to!!
Here's my list:

1) Kiss
2) Alice Cooper
3) NY Dolls
4) The Rolling Stones
5) Johnny Thunders
6) Joan Jett
7) Iggy Pop
8) The Sensational Alex Harvey Band
9) Max Webster
10) Lou Reed

These bands are who take up most of my listening time. What makes this tough though is that while I list Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, & Joan Jett I also love The Stooges, The Runaways, & the Velvet Underground so it was tricky which to list. With Max Webster I can also have listed Kim Mitchell whom I like his solo stuff just about as much as the Max Webster so should I have listed The Stooges & Iggy Pop together as one???
A lot of times I think of Iggy Pop & the Stooges or any of the others I mentioned as one of the same even though technically they're not. For the NY Dolls I did list Johnny Thunders also, because for some reason I can separate him completely from the Dolls for some reason.
Even though they didn't make my top 10, very close to it were David Johansen, Ace Frehley, & Ronnie Wood all of whom are in bands in my top 10. I love all of their solo matierial.Bowie is up there & so is another conflicting band/ solo artist...Mott the Hoople & Ian Hunter

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
1. Rolling Stones
2. Led Zeppelin
3. The Beatles
4. Jimi Hendrix Experience
5. Thin Lizzy
6. Elvis Costello
7. The Who
8. Soundgarden
9. Neil Young
10. Pearl Jam

Not terribly imaginative I know. I listen to hundreds of artists and bands, but these are the ones I always come back to. I don't think a month has passed in the last ten years where I didn't listen to something by all of these artists.

bobbyg29

Professor of Rock n Roll
Reaction score
1. Neil Young
2. Tom Waits
3. Bob Dylan
4. The Grateful Dead
5. The Rolling Stones
6. The Drive-By Truckers
7. Bruce Springsteen
8. The Band
9. Elvis Costello
10. The Black Crowes

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Great to see you posting again Bucky. I know you will be happy to be finished all this preliminary stuff before the main event in a few days.:D

Some nice lists in here, TT I like all those bands you posted. I will have my picks up tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online

No members online now.