The Clash (Official Thread)

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
Re: The Clash

you know i really love the Clash for the diversity they brought to punk. they started out as a pretty normal punk band but they really expanded upon their music styles and ventured in to try new things, they really were quite a unique band imo

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

They grew up into a great band, without losing touch with their roots TL, that is why I liked them so much.

Have to say though by the time they performed at California Jam, they had become exactly the kind of Rock Demi-gods they always railed against when they were an up and coming punk band. Total irony, still I love their music.:D

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

They grew up into a great band, without losing touch with their roots TL, that is why I liked them so much.

Have to say though by the time they performed at California Jam, they had become exactly the kind of Rock Demi-gods they always railed against when they were an up and coming punk band. Total irony, still I love their music.:D

thank you for opening this LG

This is one of my favorite bands, my top three punk bands band, my love after they broke up (joe strummer and mescalaros ) bands..:bow:

I loved The Clash ..they were thinking man punk. They proved you could get pissed off ,rant and rave and make a point.
They started off true to their causes but as you mentioned , fame and money got to them ..mostly mick

joe stayed true to his core person..right up to his end battle with cancer.

I got into Joes' solo/mescalero's phase too

he did some moving music in the throws of his illness

most favorite being a cover of The Bob Marley tune : Redemption Song duet with Johnny Cash (who ALSO was dying at the time of cancer)

It's hard to find that track..but I LOVE it ...

anyway I like Combat Rock the best but it's all good !

:cheers:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I lost track of Joe after the Clash broke up, then I saw his new band "The Mescalero's" but never pursued them,,,must have been in my Classical phase at that time. Yeah I was sad when he passed away too.

I'll never forget seeing them live on the Combat Rock tour, he came running onstage with a blazing green mohawk, then they launched into "London Calling" to open the set.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

I lost track of Joe after the Clash broke up, then I saw his new band "The Mescalero's" but never pursued them,,,must have been in my Classical phase at that time. Yeah I was sad when he passed away too.

I'll never forget seeing them live on the Combat Rock tour, he came running onstage with a blazing green mohawk, then they launched into "London Calling" to open the set.

Part Of my youth in the 80's was feeling the teenage angst of The Clash lol..

Injustices and wrongs that were left unsung (literally) by the Beatles/Dylan..fell onto them and The Ramones and The Boomtown Rats ..few others..

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

They crossed all boundaries and were a worldwide influence, unlike my friend Foxhound, I enjoy a song that has meaning beyond getting lucky on Saturday Night...:D

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

I dunno L.G. ,

In my world the the guy with a brain was more 'lucky' than the guy with the bbb...brawn :D

:grinthumb

Heres some Joe...
album-streetcore.jpgcash_and_strummer.jpgjoe.jpgstrummerlying.jpgjoestrummersmoke.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nice pictures Astrid...especially the one with Johnny Cash.:tup:

Julie

Reaction score

It's on my long overwhelming list but unfortunately I don't download so it will have to be burned copy through the mail or just a purchase by me on my own time. :lmao:

You're such a goodie goodie!! :tongue:

Love The Clash, legendarrrry!!

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

I'm a Clash novice. I only know what I have on a hits compilation.
If the hits compilation you have is "The Essential Clash", that is about all you need.

It has 12 of their biggest and best hits in "I Fought The Law", "This Is Radio Clash", "London Calling", "Lost In A Supermarket", "Clampdown", "The Guns Of Brixton", "Train In Vain", "The Magnificent Seven", "Police On My Back", "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" and "Rock The Casbah".

For some reason, however, the 40 song two-disc set doesn't include the hits "Charlie Don't Surf", "Washington Bullets" and "Inoculated City" so maybe someone can FLAC those over your way so you could have all the essential Clash hits. ;)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.