The Clash (Official Thread)

E-Z

Reaction score
Apparently Mick Jones of The Clash is seen fairly often browsing around the FOPP record shop in London's west end and was also seen in the currently closed HMV shop before it was closed in 2019 on London's Oxford Street as well by the shop staff who told me that several years ago and no doubt he will be re-visiting the soon to be reopened HMV store on Oxford Street in central London in early 2024.

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I'm proud I got to see this band twice.... Once in 1977 (a freebie) and then on Sandinista times-The Clash went straight onto a big label and steered clear of the independent route, which had it's share of problems... young but savvy - Joe and Mick made it known to the teenage record buyers that they were getting stung and we were being ripped (hence the band releasing double and triple albums) and demanding the "pay no more then 3.99" stickers on top left of sleeve.
This song underpins the bands rocky relationship with CBS.

Complete Control.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
It sounds a well worn record these days... but in those mid - 70's days there really was little hope for a teenager with financially challenged parents (for instance)
The 'career officer' came to school, once!... and the woke Brigade today would wet their biodegradable underwear-
Interview as follows :
"Ian, aah.. boy - have you considered the coal mines?"
"no sir I have asthma"
"Hmm"
"How about joining the army, you look fit"
"no sir, my Dad's Irish and I'm not going to Belfast"
"Next Please!!!"
Career Opportunities.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads