The Clash (Official Thread)

Reaction score
Re: The Clash

don't have much to add to the thread tonight, but I've been listening to this track a lot lately... it would up on two playlists I've made in the past week:heheh:

playeru

Reaction score

London Calling is recognized by everyone as a masterpiece, but I will also include Sandanista in this category. You will find mixed opinions on this though. Some say it's too long, to me it’s a beautiful exhausting mess.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I like Sandinista too Playeru, not quite at the level of LC but plenty of good stuff on it.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

The Clash are a bit hit and miss to me, to be honest. However I only have their greatest hits compilation.

I do really like this song though:

playeru

Reaction score

"Guns of Brixton" is my favourite Clash song, and one of the best tracks in the history of music.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Okay after LC comes my second favorite Clash record, the massive 3 vinyl disc release..."Sandinista". This one was not nearly as well received as LC, but I like it a lot, even the "Experimental" stuff, or "Filler" as some critics have described a few of the songs. Only the Clash would have released a 3 album set, the label didn't want them to but being the rebellious types they told them to piss off and this is the end result.

The Magnificent Seven.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online