The Cars (Official Thread)

Toby

Reaction score
Re: The Cars

Well I'm not a chick, but I loved their huge hit, Drive, sung by the late Benjamin Orr. The video suited its lyrics. I also really like that video because you see models of the band with Orr on bass.

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

That was a little spooky, that part of the video.

If Paulina didn't creep me out enough back in the day (despite how beautiful she is) the shot of the group in total stillness did. :heheh:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

I really liked the Cars alot, we all laughed back in the late 70's when some people thought they were a Punk band...:heheh:...Geek rock that about sums them up. I had all of their records up to Heartbeat City but that is where I stopped.

I always considered them New Wave, and I believe they were the most popular and commercially successful American NW band of their time, outselling both Blondie and Talking Heads.

My ultimate favorite album will always be "Panorama", with the debut "The Cars" a close second. Also for those people that think the Cars only wrote catchy pop songs Panorama is a good album to show them that they were capable of being quite experimental with their sound.

418ZT29HRML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I liked the GEEK bands I guess lol:grinthumb

I was listening to alot of Hairband stuff and frankly it's old and routine after a bit..the guys ARE hot but it bored me lyrics and musicianwise...

I remember my brother bringing home The Cars..it's like a light went on :tongue:

I love Ric and Ben !
Unique sounds,fresh lyrics, and fun concepts..

Then it was The Police and Talking Heads..Devo...Blondie..the New Wave era hit me big time..The Ramones !

it was catchy but with some intelligence

Also nothing had come out of Boston since well..Boston..and Aerosmith !

Yeahh !:cheers:

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

3267810ae7a029b5db9da110.L._AA300_.jpg

Since 1978 this rockin' 5 piece from Boston had made 5 perfect albums even after entering the 80's as well as the questionable (to some) Door To Door......one of the best bands to ever come out of the late 70's!!

Let The Good Times Roll!!

Benjamin Orr always be remembered as one of the MAIN driving forces behind the CARS' unique sound, style and charisma. R. I. P. Ben.

September 8, 1947 – October 3, 2000

Benjamin_Orr_by_femael_ingenuity.jpg

carsx-large.jpg

The+Cars.jpg

the-cars1.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I KNEW that was yours..I knew it....and yes I posted it for that reason...looks good. :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online