The Cars (Official Thread)

Reaction score
Re: The Cars

I really liked the Cars alot, we all laughed back in the late 70's when some people thought they were a Punk band...:heheh:...Geek rock that about sums them up. I had all of their records up to Heartbeat City but that is where I stopped.

I always considered them New Wave, and I believe they were the most popular and commercially successful American NW band of their time, outselling both Blondie and Talking Heads.

My ultimate favorite album will always be "Panorama", with the debut "The Cars" a close second. Also for those people that think the Cars only wrote catchy pop songs Panorama is a good album to show them that they were capable of being quite experimental with their sound.

418ZT29HRML._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/URL]

I think that Candy-O did that, even before Panorama..
Also, earlier in the thread I stated that I didn't like Panorama all that much, but that has since changed:heheh:

I almost like it better than the debut.. I like the debut and Candy-O on the same level though..

album-The-Cars-CandyO.jpg

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

I like their song "Best Friend's Girl", but when I went over to my friend's house, and listened to a full Cars record, I wasn't as impressed. It just sounded like all the other poppy, repetitive 80's music I'd heard before. I'm not trying to put The Cars, or anyone who likes them for that matter down...just expressing my opinion! :)

Reaction score

What album was it?.. The last two were very bland, IMO:heheh:

Best Friend's Girl was off the debut..

The-Cars.png

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

"Heartbeat City" is a goddamn boring album if you didn't grow up hearing it.

David was pressured to use drum machines, really gave the record a cold feel that I don't like, but the tracks remind me of happier times in my life, so ... I just. Love it to death.

:heheh:

I love that album but I have to agree...when you compare it with the debut and Candy- O it's like :wtf:

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

I love that album but I have to agree...when you compare it with the debut and Candy- O it's like :wtf:

I know, and you just sit there like, "what the hell...?" and try to imagine yourself going back in time, breaking into that studio and being like "Greg, put down those hands, NOW."

I love a good synth.
But there's synth barf all over that record.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

But it's still a neat part of R & R history...but the way they developed, it's almost two different bands...agreed.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online