The Biggest Jerk In Music?

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
Peta people are nuts, something I've observed for years. (off topic for a second). A few years ago, on Penn & Teller's Bullshit tv show, they went on a fact finding mission on Peta and the ALF. Fact of the matter was, the head of PETA at the time (or one of the top big-wigs in the organization) is a diabetic. In their interview with this person Penn reminds this person that diabetes medicines were developed by testing on animals and how can she in good faith even take her diabetes medication(s) knowing this to be a fact. She passed it off as being an acceptable thing because her medicine allows her to live and show everyone ELSE the evils of animal testing.

:wtf:

Uh, wuh!?

Hypocrite much?

Anyway, that's similar to rock stars, actors and the like preaching about 'animal cruelty' yet wearing leather coats, shoes/boots, etc. :rolleyes: (see, I did have a thin tie-in)

(ok, off the soapbox)

Oh boy, don't even get me started on this organization or I just might go into rage mode. :heheh:

But yeah I had no idea how corrupt this organization was until I saw that Penn and Teller episode. If I donate money for animal causes, it'll be going to the ASPCA or the Humane Society. Two organizations I know that actually go after doing something for animals as opposed to dressing up in fish suits and dumping red paint on an innocent passerby.

I think it's safe to say that Morrisey gets the biggest dumbass of all time award after this debacle. He should be dragged through the streets and ****ing stoned to death. This man is one of the few artists whose music I like but can't stand as a person. The same goes for Chrissie Hynde. I love her for her music but I absolutely despise her politics. :mad

I love animals but I love eating meat as well. So I'll let the vegan/animal rights extremists do what ever if they let me eat my fat juicy steak and wear my leather boots in peace.

... plus there's nothing that turns me on more than a guy wearing a leather jacket.
4e1459db95192-trendy-black-leather-jacket-for-men.jpg

Meow! :flirt

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Vegs and animal right activists are making me sick, sometimes I want to eat meat and chicken right in front of their faces and vomit on them.

I think that was uncalled for, Nolo, I am a vegetarian so is Sox, I hope you would show us more respect. We don't all go round preaching and thrusting our views down other people's throats.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I think that was uncalled for, Nolo, I am a vegetarian so is Sox, I hope you would show us more respect. We don't all go round preaching and thrusting our views down other people's throats.

If my comment had offended you and Sox, I'm sorry.
I just can't stand people saying things like Morrissey did.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Agreed, you guys are cool and don't do that at all. I hope that you understand my PETA comments are more generic than anything and are mostly about the diehard radical types, by that I mean the type that go vandalize people's clothing or make comments like Morrisey did comparing the slaughter of children with eating fried chicken.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Water off a duck's back to Sox but yes it offended me. I appreciate your apology though Nolo.
I certainly agree that Morrissey was out of order saying what he did.

Lynch, yeah although I am into animal rights, I'm dead against extremists, violence should certainly not be what those of us who love animals are about.
And people like Morrissey do more harm for the cause than good when they come out with thoughtless comments like that.

snowblue

Reaction score
I'm vegetarian too but the rest of my family are meat eaters. I have no problem cooking meat.....I just don't eat it!

We're not all extremists.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I see there's some intense feelings going around in here.

Glad to see you all worked it out.

I have a simple philosophy about all that stuff...live and let live. Take only what you need and no more.

I will say we are all parasites and totally dependent on one single thing though...

2a6sb61.jpg

I think the ancients were close to the mark when they chose to worship the sun...:bow:

Okay back to the knockdown drag-out who's the biggest a-hole in music.:grinthumb

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
Agreed, you guys are cool and don't do that at all. I hope that you understand my PETA comments are more generic than anything and are mostly about the diehard radical types, by that I mean the type that go vandalize people's clothing or make comments like Morrisey did comparing the slaughter of children with eating fried chicken.

What he said. I don't mean to offend anyone here that are vegetarians/vegans. Trust me, I know most of you are not that way. My anger is directed towards the so-called "extremists" that point the finger at me and call me the antichrist for eating meat. Like I've said before, if you don't judge me for my food consumption, then I'll do the same for you. :)

Van Halen's Frankenstrat

Reaction score
Mike Rutherford for me. A conceited, arrogant so-and-so.

Bono also hits a nerve, though strictly speaking I don't think he could be called a jerk - he's just up his own fundament.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Mike Rutherford...? I think that's the first time I've ever read anyone complain about him being full of himself.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online