Reaction score
Post the picture with his Fro Snoopy,,,that one always makes me roar.:lmao:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
phil-spector-hairbear.jpg

Canadian Air Force

Reaction score
Apparently he threatened Johnny Ramone with a handgun when they were making End of the Century (I think)

ANF

Reaction score
Prince is my favorite artist of all time and I'll agree with those who call him a jerk. Refuses to let his videos on YouTube (and YouTube is actually a great way to expose people to music beyond his hits... he doesn't get that), shuts down fan sites and sues those who run them, has notoriously gypped his fans out of money with web sites that he ends up shutting down after getting their money, will not allow Warner to remaster his albums, won't allow the release any of his classic tours on DVD, fires members of his band out of nowhere and won't speak to them (many of his former bandmates and associates have horror stories), etc...

Having said that, I love the mans music and his gift of talent that I can overlook all of that. But I still think he has pretty big shoes to fill in terms of being a jerk.

Canadian Air Force

Reaction score
Prince is my favorite artist of all time and I'll agree with those who call him a jerk. Refuses to let his videos on YouTube (and YouTube is actually a great way to expose people to music beyond his hits... he doesn't get that), shuts down fan sites and sues those who run them, has notoriously gypped his fans out of money with web sites that he ends up shutting down after getting their money, will not allow Warner to remaster his albums, won't allow the release any of his classic tours on DVD, fires members of his band out of nowhere and won't speak to them (many of his former bandmates and associates have horror stories), etc...

Having said that, I love the mans music and his gift of talent that I can overlook all of that. But I still think he has pretty big shoes to fill in terms of being a jerk.

I forgot to mention Prince. His beef with the internet is retarded.

ANF

Reaction score
I forgot to mention Prince. His beef with the internet is retarded.

Yea. Now he's on this "I'm not recording again because of the internet" kick and is supposedly meeting with Obama about it. Does he really think he'll change things? This is 2011, even in 1991 Prince still had the pull that it could've stopped piracy or something, but nowadays Prince is a cult artist who plays to a small but loyal fanbase. If he really believes that taking the internet out of the equation that he'd sell like he did in the mid-1980's then he is more nuts than I thought. His last few albums have all gone gold, which is respectable for an aging artist who hasn't had an airplay hit in years and is largely coasting on his reputation as a legend. Even if the internet didn't happen, his days of megastardom would still be long over, look how long its been since even Madonna had a big seller.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
I did a benefit show a while with the American Idol contestant Constatine. He was a complete a**. So into himself with that whole rock star persona. After the show the artists on the bill were supposed to get some free gifts for doing the show. He took all the gifts before my band or Eve 6 could get any.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Yea. Now he's on this "I'm not recording again because of the internet" kick and is supposedly meeting with Obama about it. Does he really think he'll change things? This is 2011, even in 1991 Prince still had the pull that it could've stopped piracy or something, but nowadays Prince is a cult artist who plays to a small but loyal fanbase.

No one single artist could hold back the tide of the arrival of the CD, PC, Internet and MP3. Those all came together and forever changed the face of the music industry. There are too many smart people outside "the box" to ever go back to the glory days of analog and labels controlling everything.

I don't own any Prince albums and never thought he was a megastar, at least not to me.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pawansharma

Members online