The Biggest Jerk In Music?

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
I dunno about the dentist thing, but he learned his lesson pretending to be in Deep Purple. He got sued by the band for a few hundred thousand dollars AND he lost rights to any royalties from those first albums because of his inability to pay that amount.

I knew that Blackmore and Glover shut down the phony Purple, but I can't say that I knew that he's not getting royalties anymore. Shame he had to go that route, the guy had a good set of pipes.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Whatever actually happened to Evans after Captain Beyond and that phony Purple reunion thing? He's a dentist or something these days, isn't he?
As far as I know Rod became paramedic after Captain Beyond and after fake Deep Purple reunion he disappeared.

Syd

Reaction score
I always thought John Lennon was kind of a douche. I mean, he may have been a funny guy on stage or in interviews, but he was a crappy father from what I understand, I've seen some films and documentaries about his childhood and post-beatles life and he certainly seems like a person that really needed some attention and did some really stupid things to get it.

I also understand Bono is a world-class hypocrite. Because on TV he's like "Oh, Africa, Little Children, Hunger, Help Them, They Need Us". But in real life he's like "Don't talk to me, don't look at me in the eyes, I am god and you're just a normal guy". And that's what sucks about him. If someone is a nice person, you start by people that surround you or that are helping you (for example, hotel staff hate him because he has all these special needs and conditions to survive ... and then he starts talking about creating awareness of Africa).

gabriel cash

Reaction score
I always thought John Lennon was kind of a douche. I mean, he may have been a funny guy on stage or in interviews, but he was a crappy father from what I understand, I've seen some films and documentaries about his childhood and post-beatles life and he certainly seems like a person that really needed some attention and did some really stupid things to get it.

I also understand Bono is a world-class hypocrite. Because on TV he's like "Oh, Africa, Little Children, Hunger, Help Them, They Need Us". But in real life he's like "Don't talk to me, don't look at me in the eyes, I am god and you're just a normal guy". And that's what sucks about him. If someone is a nice person, you start by people that surround you or that are helping you (for example, hotel staff hate him because he has all these special needs and conditions to survive ... and then he starts talking about creating awareness of Africa).
i hate celebs who won't let u look in their eyes. talk about stuck up

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I don't know if technically he can be counted as actually being 'in music' - as nothing he does is recogniseable as musical in the true sense of the word, he just goes from one televised karaoke high-school talent contest to another, but Simon Cowell has done about as much damage to music in the past 10 years as anyone in history, music may never recover from the all-consuming cancerous growth and influence of the American Idol/X Factor/Susan Boyle generation, so I definately want him nominated!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
A friend of mine works for the local stage hands union and he was working (setting up lighting rig) for a Britney Spears concert, and she was comin' through the stage area. Everyone was warned not to make eye contact with her....if anyone did they would be sent home for the day.

:wtf:

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score

Your understanding is quite correct. He abandoned poor Julian at such a young age. To add salt to the wound he treated Sean like the world while Julian still remained out of the picture. His claim is that he was not a good father to Julian so he felt that being their for Sean would justify neglecting his first born. BS if you ask me! If he felt guilty for leaving Julian behind then he should have made the effort of getting back in touch with his son from the very beginning!

To give him a little credit, John was just starting to patch the broken relationship with Julian... and then he gets killed. While I feel sorry for Yoko and Sean for their loss, I think the real victim of this horrifying tragedy is Julian. He had to deal with two losses. First the feeling of abandonment from his father as a young child and then as soon as they are starting the father/son bond, his father is physically taken away from him. I admire Julian for having the strength to carry on. I can't imagine experiencing that kind of pain.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Julian used to visit Ascot quite often though from what he says. I mean, the press makes it out as if there was nothing there at all...and none of us know the whole story unless we were there...I feel bad for Julian as well...but maybe some of it was exagerrated to get at Yoko...who knows.

john-lennon-julian.jpg

John-Yoko-Julian-john-lennon-10677117-452-654.jpg

87236.jpg

lennpang30902_468x355.jpg

lennon_keef.jpg

MAY%20PANG%20JOHN%20LENNON%20JULIAN%20L.%20_%20002.JPG

ticle-1286214954792-0B74A3F7000005DC-23170_636x361.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members