The Biggest Jerk In Music?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I met Ringo Starr and he was kind of a jerk I have to tell ya'...I mean It didn't cause me to stop buying his CD's or anything...the way I look at it is he's human and I got to see a more REAL side from a Beatle....not the guy who walked onstage later on that evening.

Also I get over the bad experience of meeting someone kind of jerky by telling myself the most logical point...he really don't know me and won't remember this meeting in a week from now. Also if he really knew me it would be a different encounter...but then again who knows??

STILL LOVE YA RICHIE!!!!!!!!!!!

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
I met Ringo Starr and he was kind of a jerk I have to tell ya'...I mean It didn't cause me to stop buying his CD's or anything...the way I look at it is he's human and I got to see a more REAL side from a Beatle....not the guy who walked onstage later on that evening.

Also I get over the bad experience of meeting someone kind of jerky by telling myself the most logical point...he really don't know me and won't remember this meeting in a week from now. Also if he really knew me it would be a different encounter...but then again who knows??

STILL LOVE YA RICHIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone loves Ringo :grinthumb

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
If he wasn't added to this thread.... Ritchie Blackmore.
1. Sacking Rod Evans and Nick Simper. This vid explains everything.

2. He is too cocky about himself saying "I want to do blues, hard rock, medieval, not soul and funk!". That's fine, but you don't have to say that every 10 miles.
3. He always claimed Rainbow is just his band like everyone else were session musicians.

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
If he wasn't added to this thread.... Ritchie Blackmore.
1. Sacking Rod Evans and Nick Simper. This vid explains everything.

2. He is too cocky about himself saying "I want to do blues, hard rock, medieval, not soul and funk!". That's fine, but you don't have to say that every 10 miles.
3. He always claimed Rainbow is just his band like everyone else were session musicians.

That's pretty shady...

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Yeah, it is, however you gotta kind of expect that in that business (unfortunately). They aren't going to have a BBQ with the band, swill down a few cocktails and then say "oh by the way, the three of us don't want the two of you in the band anymore".

Thing is, if Simper's tale is true, he was in on the 'sacking' of Rod and knew all about it, but it probably didn't truly matter until he was 'sacked' himself.

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
Whatever actually happened to Evans after Captain Beyond and that phony Purple reunion thing? He's a dentist or something these days, isn't he?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Whatever actually happened to Evans after Captain Beyond and that phony Purple reunion thing? He's a dentist or something these days, isn't he?
I dunno about the dentist thing, but he learned his lesson pretending to be in Deep Purple. He got sued by the band for a few hundred thousand dollars AND he lost rights to any royalties from those first albums because of his inability to pay that amount.

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
I dunno about the dentist thing, but he learned his lesson pretending to be in Deep Purple. He got sued by the band for a few hundred thousand dollars AND he lost rights to any royalties from those first albums because of his inability to pay that amount.

ouch! :uh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avigna123

Members online

No members online now.