The Beatles

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
Re: The Beatles-- Band Of The Month-- June 2010

ALERT!

Attention Readers:

I need Feedback!

Do you like the biography (written by me) and the album reviews (also written by me)?

Is my formatting good?

Do I have good info?

Is my writing style good?

Ive spent a lot of time on this and need some feedback!!!

Thanks.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score

Ok. Nobody decided to give me feedback or add anything....

oh well. new album analysis coming up I guess..

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

You are doing a great job with the thread!

I want to add something here....what do you think about the Beatles Remasters in both MONO and STEREO?

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Just a comment about Rubber Soul, before you move on to "Revolver", (which IMO is the first BIG Beatles album).

Rubber Soul started making some changes, noticeable changes. The lyrics are more expressive. The love songs take on more twists....."Norwegian Wood" is about a love affair of a married man. The songs have more distortion. "Girl" is a Lennon lyrical masterpiece.

I think this album is the first mark that the Beatles were coming into their own and writing material that guaranteed their success with the "teeny-boppers".

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score

Just a comment about Rubber Soul, before you move on to "Revolver", (which IMO is the first BIG Beatles album).

Rubber Soul started making some changes, noticeable changes. The lyrics are more expressive. The love songs take on more twists....."Norwegian Wood" is about a love affair of a married man. The songs have more distortion. "Girl" is a Lennon lyrical masterpiece.

I think this album is the first mark that the Beatles were coming into their own and writing material that guaranteed their success with the "teeny-boppers".

ah yeah I wanted to add that about Rubber Soul. Like the lyrics become more autobiographical and such. Dont know why I didnt include it. I think I was tired after writing 3 posts yesterday, or something like that! Thanks for reminding me.

And about mono and stereo? Its awesome!! I have them all in stereo.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

I need Feedback!

Do you like the biography (written by me) and the album reviews (also written by me)?

Is my formatting good?

Do I have good info?

Is my writing style good?

Ive spent a lot of time on this and need some feedback!!!

We're actually already accustomed to the format you've been using from previous threads.

The Beatles said:
I think I was tired after writing 3 posts yesterday, or something like that!

I just think you should slow down a bit before you burn yourself out. After all, you've got a whole month to tell the story.

:grinthumb

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score

Revolver
Released: August 5 1966

(nevermind that was just too big..)

During the break between Rubber Soul and Revolver, The Beatles went on their final tour of the UK. They then took a long (and well deserved) break. After the break, they returned to Abbey Road Studios in London to record for 3 months continually.

The first fruits of these sessions were Paperback Writer and Rain, which turned out to be the next Beatles single. The album and the single was engineered and mixed by Geoff Emerick (as 'Hurricane' Smith had left.) These tremendous songs (with the B side actually being better received by critics!) indicated the wonders to come on Revolver.

The Beatles had longer to record these albums, as they stopped touring (almost, that is) , and it showed. John and Paul developed more as writers, and three of George Harrison's compositions appeared on the album (the previous high was two.)

Their real final gig was right before the album's release. The Beatles had toured of Western Germany ( a short one, albeit.) They then flew to Japan then the Philippines, touring there, and to the USA for their final gigs. Their final concert was at Candlestick Park (San Fransisco) on August 29 1966.

The album design, for the first time since Please Please Me, was not shot by Robert Freeman. It wasn't even really shot at all. It was designed by Klaus Voorman, who was an old friend of the Beatles.

The album hit number one in the UK and stayed on the charts for an entire 34 weeks! This was the most ever for a Beatles album. It was in the number one spot for an entire 7 weeks!

About the US release, it was nearly identical, only with 11 songs. The reason for this is the album Yesterday and Today released by Capitol, which was knocked off of the number one position (which it had been for 5 weeks) by Revolver. Revolver spent 6 weeks at number one and a monumental 77 Weeks on the charts!

The band was starting to experiment with LSD, as many others were, during this time. This was one of the reasons for the experimental sounds on this album, is what many fans and critics think. However, in the words of John Lennon, "It's like saying, 'Did Dylan Thomas write Under Milk Wood on beer?' What does that have to do with it? The beer is to prevent the rest of the world from crowding in on you. The drugs are to prevent the rest of the world from crowding in on you. They don't make you write any better. I never wrote any better stuff because I was on acid or not on acid."

This album was one of many firsts. Tomorrow Never knows has been cited as the first electronic song of all time, and a major inspiration for Hip Hop and Electronica music.

Side One

1. Taxman
2. Eleanor Rigby
3. I'm Only Sleeping
4. Love You To
5. Here, There and Everywhere
6. Yellow Submarine
7. She Said Said She Said

Side Two

8. Good Day Sunshine
9. And Your Bird Can Sing
10. For No One
11. Doctor Robert
12. I Want to Tell You
13. Got to Get You Into My Life
14. Tomorrow Never Knows

Notable Songs:

wow thats hard... so many!

Coming Soon!
Album Analysis: Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score

We're actually already accustomed to the format you've been using from previous threads.

I just think you should slow down a bit before you burn yourself out. After all, you've got a whole month to tell the story.

:grinthumb

ah ok! Thanks for feedback.

Travelin' Man

Reaction score

I love to see some thoughts by our members on the stereo vs. mono issue. I'm ready to spend the money, but not being a collector, I'm torn as to which to buy.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score

I love to see some thoughts by our members on the stereo vs. mono issue. I'm ready to spend the money, but not being a collector, I'm torn as to which to buy.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

The stereo remasters are AMAZING!

only one complaint tho.

On the song Im So Tired, in the stereo remixed version, you cant really hear pauls harmonies during the middle part. They get washed out.

But thats all I found wrong.

If you have the money, definitely buy it! Or atleast download it (but I didnt advise you to do that if any one asks...)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online

No members online now.