The Beatles Album Poll

Which Beatles Albums Do You Own?

• Total voters

PapaJacques

Obligatory New Guy
Reaction score
I have every studio album from 'Rubber Soul' onward- with the exception of 'Yellow Submarine', but I do have MP3s of 'Hey Bulldog' and 'Only A Northern Song'.

I also have 'I Saw Her Standing There', 'Boys', 'Do You Want To Know A Secret' and 'Twist and Shout' from the debut album 'Please Please Me.'

I also have 'Let it Be- Naked' and the compilation albums '1962-1966' and '1967-1970', although the former is a bootleg, ripped from the original vinyls.

I have vinyls of 'Beatles for Sale', 'Abbey Road' and 'A Hard Day's Night' framed on my bedroom wall, if they count.

I intend to fill in the gaps in my collection relatively soon.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^You interested in any of the 'mono' vinyl albums they are releasing soon PapaJaques?

I might pick up Magical Mystery tour, of all their albums after Rubber Soul it's the worst sounding from a production standpoint and would be curious to do an A/B comparison with the new stereo vinyl album I bought 2 years ago.

PapaJacques

Obligatory New Guy
Reaction score
Of course! I'd be more interested in the earlier albums, all of which I've only heard in stereo. It'll be interesting to hear the Beatles as most folks originally heard them, at least at first- in mono.

I always got the impression 'Magical Mystery Tour' was thrown together, what with the singles (like 'Strawberry Fields') being thrown in. That said, I do like 'Blue Jay Way'. One of their more psychedelic cuts, I'd say.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Of course! I'd be more interested in the earlier albums, all of which I've only heard in stereo. It'll be interesting to hear the Beatles as most folks originally heard them, at least at first- in mono.

I always got the impression 'Magical Mystery Tour' was thrown together, what with the singles (like 'Strawberry Fields') being thrown in. That said, I do like 'Blue Jay Way'. One of their more psychedelic cuts, I'd say.

It does seem to have that feel of a collection of bits and pieces thrown together especially after Sgt Pepper which was far more coherent by intent, even though John took a jab at Paul years later for Sgt Pepper being 'presumptuous' as a concept album...something like that anyway.:gig

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Yeah,historically here in the States,Capitol has often been criticized for cutting up original British releases and throwing in singles here and there for obvious commercial purpose(s).However,the "Magical Mystery Tour" album,along with "Yesterday and Today",despite the fact that is does sound a bit disjointed,was actually a half decent idea,with the possible exception that it was out with a booklet of stills from the ill fated tv special that wasn't shown in America at the time,leaving Yankees Fab Fans scratching their heads wondering what the ENTIRE project was all about exactly.Then on the other hand,fans found a way to put the book into semi constructive use when they began to scour it for "Paul-Is-Dead" clues in the fall of '69.Now side one of "Tour",as everyone here knows,were the REAL and NEW songs for the film and certainly fit together obvioiusly better than side two,which basically has the feel of one Capitol Records' earlier attempts to milk things out a bit by throwing in some really good songs that they actually used as filler."Strawberry Fields" is the only song on side two that in my mind could have easily fit into the movie and soundtrack,which of course was released in EP form in Britiain,where it managed to peak at number two on the singles chart while here Stateside,the entire American "Mystery Tour" LP was number one on Billboard for eight straight weeks.All in all,I think Capitol made the better move here,not like the half a debacle they created by leaving "I'm Only Sleeping","Dr. Robert" and "And Your Bird Can Sing" off of "Revolver" so that they could pre-release them on "Yesterday and Today",where I feel they don't fit in so well.Boy this was a long post.I'VE GOT BLLISTERS ON ME FINGERS!!..........................

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I enjoyed reading your post HGM, sorry about the blisters.:gig

tkitna

Reaction score
I have all of the studio albums, stacks of bootlegs, and tons of imports.

PapaJacques

Obligatory New Guy
Reaction score
Picked up a stereo CD copy of 'Help' yesterday. Starting to fill in the gaps.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
"HELP!" is an oft overlooked effort in light of the tremendously groundbreaking works that folowed,starting with the Beatles' very next release,the great and timeless "Rubber Soul".However,it is indeed on "HELP!" that you can hear the beginings of serious musical maturity from the folk rock title tune to the Dylanesque "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" to Paul's "Yesterday",which went on to become one of the most played radio tunes of all time..................

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online