The Band (Official Thread)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Along with Monterey Pop,Woodstock,George Harrison's Bangladesh Benefit and Live Aid,"Waltz" is one of the great rock spectacles ever and still quite thoroughly shines as summation of the general attitudes of the love,peace,music and beads generation.The very fact that the great Martin Scorcese displayed much more than passing interest in the legendary band lends further credence to their already solid placement in the annals of popular cultural history.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
45 Years Ago: The Band’s ‘Music From Big Pink’ Album Released

bandmusic.jpg

Chest Fever

Sunfist

Reaction score
The Band was and still is one of my favorite bands. I listen to one or more of their albums almost every day.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
In the midst of all the psych rock/Beatles hoopla,the Band,as well as Creedence,Canned Heat,Janis and the Holding Company among others,were quite astute in laying down tunes that maybe weren't so much on the esoteric side,but were down with tremendous soul and passion.If the singer/band has the right certain level of artistic expertise,even tracks that might have been less worthwhile if recorded by others can be quite effective for the listener.It's all about soul.I mean real at least nearly gut wrenching soul that pushes the more motivated ones to new heights of individual expression.The Band certainly greatly exemplified that fancy studio wizardy and high concept themes and arrangements that were prevalent at the time were hardly necessary in the creation of a great rock record.This period also marked the birth of country rock in the form of the Byrds' "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" and "Gilded Palace" of Sin" by Byrds spinoff band Flying Burrito Brothers,featuring Byrds bassist Chris Hillman and I think one of the future Eagles,who,of course,contributed to other further developments in the country rock genre..................

Radagast

Reaction score
Get Busy Folks !

A great Band that truly deserves more credit .

Post your Videos here in this thread. Thank You !

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
what can I say that as not already been said...fabulous with or without Dylan?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online