The Band (Official Thread)

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Re: The Band

A big Band fan. During the summer of '76 (I was 11) I saw my first three concerts. One was McCartney and Wings at the Forum. Another was KISS, Ted Nugent, Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band and Uriah Heep at Anaheim Stadium. The third was the Band at the Greek. The Band was the only group I wasn't familiar with. The person that took me (a cousin) was a metalhead. I assumed the Band must be a metal band, like KISS or Alice Cooper. Boy, was I wrong. They were great. In the years since, I tried to see them whenever they came to town. I saw Danko and Hudson twice (once with Gary Busey), once as the Band with four original members (supporting CSN), once as the Band with three originals (Richard had passed) and once when Garth, Rick and Levon played with Ringo's All-Starr Band. A truly unique collection of musical talent.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nice to see both you FunkyD and BobD like The Band.:D

I never got to see them live, but I remember the day my older brother brought this album home and we played it constantly for couple of weeks.

]

I used to have the MFSL vinyl edition, but now I only have the deluxe CD.

ecisgod

Reaction score

Love The Band, love their sound. I personally would put the Last Waltz concert DVD up against any other Live DVD Concert. I absolutely love the sound and of course the guests such as Dylan,E.C.,Muddy,N.Young,Ringo. I could go on and on and it was also directed by my personal favorite director (Martin Scorsese).

A couple of qoutes/thoughts from Eric Clapton re: The Band

So it was when Eric Clapton heard The Bands Music from Big Pink. It was like all of a sudden he heard this record and said to himself, “Now this is what music should sound like.” For me personally– this has always been one of the most interesting moments in rock music history.

So when he put Music from Big Pink on his record player he listened once and was mesemerized, he listened a second time and may have been slightly confused (the vibe of the album makes it sounds like in could have been made in 1868), he listened a third time and began to feel that spark that every artist feels when they have a creative rush– and by the fourth listen Cream was done.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Thanks for posting that EC. :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I don't care if some people like these guys or not, or this style or not.

..this is a must own movie if you're a rock fan! :grinthumb

51BLeJbQjuL.jpg

CREAM'd

Reaction score

51BLeJbQjuL.jpg

Now is the time to buy this DVD,it's on sale on Amazon.com for £2.99.I just bought it:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

51BLeJbQjuL.jpg

I've watched it at least half a dozen times over the years, but I don't own a copy.:peek

Does this mean I'm excommunicated from the MetalPriest school of Rock?

:lmao:

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

Happy Birthday to Garth Hudson!

August 2, 1937

Last edited by a moderator:

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

October 1, 1965 Bob Dylan appeared at Carnegie Hall in New York City and introduced his new touring band made up of guitarist Robbie Robertson, organist Garth Hudson, bassist Rick Danko, pianist Richard Manual and drummer Levon Helm. They will become known simply as The Band.

Bob Dylan and The Band at Carnegie Hall in New York City on Jan. 20, 1968

Source: This Day in Music.com

The Band

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online