The Band (Official Thread)

JimJam

Reaction score
I don't think a Dylan collection can be called complete without The Basement Tapes. Whether the originally released two album set or the recent complete set, it's must-have Dylan.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
basement tapeeeeeeeeeeeees

I don't think a Dylan collection can be called complete without The Basement Tapes. Whether the originally released two album set or the recent complete set, it's must-have Dylan.

YES...its a super albums Dylan/Band some cool...what you all think of the
T-Bone Burnett new basement tapes with an a list of musicians:grinthumb

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Reaction score
An excellent band!!!!

I have thier record called "THE BAND" (1969) and an 8 track "The best of the band"

Neshabur

Reaction score
A very great band, perhaps underrated if one consider the playing skills of his members.
In particular, I always liked the interplay between Richard Manuel on piano and Garth Hudson on organ, the songwriting of Robertson and Manuel, the voices of Danko and Helm. There wasn't a soloist who stood out over other, but a tight-knit group where every musician worked for the ensemble more than for himself.

I own Music From big Pink in the remastered edition with many bonus tracks. I don't listen often to this fine album, but every time I do, I discover something new.

One honorable mention for the double live album Rock Of Ages recorded in New York City, a little obscured by the memorable Last Waltz featuring great guest stars.

One piece from it: :)

Last edited:

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
A very great band, perhaps underrated if one consider the playing skills of his members.
In particular, I always liked the interplay between Richard Manuel on piano and Garth Hudson on organ, the songwriting of Robertson and Manuel, the voices of Danko and Helms. There wasn't a soloist who stood out over other, but a tight-knit group where every musician worked for the ensemble more than for himself.

I own Music From big Pink in the remastered edition with many bonus tracks. I don't listen often to this fine album, but every time I do, I discover something new.

One honorable mention for the double live album Rock Of Ages recorded in New York City, a little obscured by the memorable Last Waltz featuring great guest stars.

ooh yes...dude its a awesome band

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
In particular, I always liked the interplay between Richard Manuel on piano and Garth Hudson on organ, the songwriting of Robertson and Manuel, the voices of Danko and Helms. There wasn't a soloist who stood out over other, but a tight-knit group where every musician worked for the ensemble more than for himself.

Have to agree on your thoughts on The Band. I have all their albums (with Robbie Robertson) on vinyl, and like you, am constantly surprised by the music on their albums. There's a reason why some of the greats wanted to emulate their whole scene back in the day. :bow::bow::bow:

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
could`ve a better backing band for Dylan, "The Flood", "Basement Tapes" surely two great albums.....well I think so!!!!

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
could`ve a better backing band for Dylan, "The Flood", "Basement Tapes" surely two great albums.....well I think so!!!!
Both brilliant albums imo. Especially Before the Flood. Sometimes Dylan can be a little overpowering with his presence but with this album there is a very nicely balanced mix of Dylan and the Band. :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online