Tesla (Official Thread)

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Re: Tesla...You Bet!!!

Tesla = one of the best and most talented rock bands of the mid to late 80's into the 90's. Their first few albums are almost flawless with incredible writing and playing.

In my opinion, they have long been unfairly grouped into the "hair metal" or "glam metal" genres and they are NOT the least bit hair metal. They were a straight up, in your face rock band!

:grinthumb

Yes , agree with this ! Tesla was awesome when I saw them play with Poison, & Warrant in a gig in the late 80's..in fact they blew the other bands away..solid music !

:cheers2

AtomicPunk

Rock N Roll Rebel
Reaction score
Saw them live opening for Def Leppard on the Hysteria tour. Awesome concert!

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I have only heard the Real to Reel albums, which I thought were surprisingly good. Which is their best album of original material?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't know Tesla had new stuff out.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have only heard the Real to Reel albums, which I thought were surprisingly good. Which is their best album of original material?

I would start at the beginning, Mechanical Resonance and their second album The Great Radio Controversy, both are highly regarded.

61%2BEDR%2B0beL._SS500_.jpg

tesla-great-radio-controversy

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I would start at the beginning, Mechanical Resonance and their second album The Great Radio Controversy, both are highly regarded.

This. In my humble / honest opinion, there is not ONE single bad track on either one of these albums. This band was SO solid. Their third studio effort, Psychotic Supper is also top notch!

Tesla_Psychoticsupper.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online