Tesla (Official Thread)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
There is a good album of covers, Real to Reel (Vols I and II), which includes Is It My Body, Day of the Eagle and Beerdrinkers & Hellraisers.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Love this Tesla cover of the classic Deep Purple track: Space Truckin'

A lot of the songs they covered on the Real to Reel albums are really really well done. :D

Here's Zeppelin's Thank You

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
There is a good album of covers, Real to Reel (Vols I and II), which includes Is It My Body, Day of the Eagle and Beerdrinkers & Hellraisers.

A lot of the songs they covered on the Real to Reel albums are really really well done. :D

I saw Lynch's Tesla post in the power ballads thread tonight, and I immediately thought of the RtR compilations. Great covers and some wonderful choices. :cheers2

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Tesla working on 10th album

tesla.jpg

Tesla have begun work on their tenth studio album, guitarist Frank Hannon has confirmed.

The band are gearing up for recording sessions and also preparing for a string of live dates on which they’ll revisit their fourth LP.

Hannon reports: “Tesla is starting rehearsals for this year’s shows and making a new album. Also it’s the twentieth anniversary of Bust A Nut, so we’re going to slip a few songs from that album into the set.”

Bust A Nut was the last record they made before splitting in 1994. They reunited in 2000. Their last full album was 2008′s Forever More, which was followed by Twisted Wires And The Acoustic Sessions in 2011, featuring two new tracks and a number of reworks.

The band begin their 2014 touring schedule in the US on January 24.

Tesla working on 10th album | Classic Rock Magazine

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Tony and I were talking about Tesla yesterday, how they never got the attention they deserved either at home or abroad. Nice to see them still together and releasing their 10th album.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Tesla seem more like the British bands than the Californian bands of the time, perhaps because of the influence of Terry Thomas. But, having said this, Saul Hudson was born in Hampstead and raised in Stoke-on-Trent.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was going to post this but it's already been taken care of. :grinthumb

tesla.jpg

Tesla have begun work on their tenth studio album, guitarist Frank Hannon has confirmed.

The band are gearing up for recording sessions and also preparing for a string of live dates on which they’ll revisit their fourth LP.

Hannon reports: “Tesla is starting rehearsals for this year’s shows and making a new album. Also it’s the twentieth anniversary of Bust A Nut, so we’re going to slip a few songs from that album into the set.”

Bust A Nut was the last record they made before splitting in 1994. They reunited in 2000. Their last full album was 2008′s Forever More, which was followed by Twisted Wires And The Acoustic Sessions in 2011, featuring two new tracks and a number of reworks.

The band begin their 2014 touring schedule in the US on January 24.

Tesla working on 10th album | Classic Rock Magazine

hairmetalmusic.com

www.hairmetalmusic.com
Reaction score
Sadly, I was a little disappointed with the last album.

But man, this band has four albums that are just amazing from top to bottom. One of the most underrated bands of all time.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

Listening to these right now. These are probably my favorite covers albums of all time. they cover the late 60's to the late 70's, right in my wheelhouse.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online