Ted Nugent (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Ted Nugent to Release Live Album

nuge2.jpg

Spurce Link

Ted Nugent will release a new live album on Oct. 22 featuring Derek St. Holmes, who sang in the Motor City Madman’s band from 1975 to 1978. ‘Ultralive Ballisticrock’ marks Nugent’s first live album since 2009′s ‘Motor City Mayhem.’

The double album will be available in three versions, including a two-disc-one-DVD set and a DVD/Blu-ray featuring the concert, which was recorded on Aug. 14, 2011, at Penn’s Peak in Pennsylvania. The concert was streamed live on cable television via HDNet.

The 16-song set includes Nugent classics like ‘Wang Dang Sweet Poontang,’ ‘Dog Eat Dog’ and ‘Cat Scratch Fever,’ as well as the recent ‘I Still Believe,’ which was previously available only as a digital download.

‘Ultralive Ballisticrock’ is also Nugent’s first live album to feature St. Holmes, Nugent’s original rhythm guitarist and singer, since he rejoined the rocker’s band in 2011 (he’s guested on several records over the years). Nugent’s group also includes bassist Greg Smith (who’s done time in Rainbow) and drummer Mick Brown from Dokken.

“To be surrounded by such world-class passionate virtuosos is every musician’s dream,” Nugent says in a press release announcing the album. “And I live it every song, every concert, every night, every lick, every tsunami of soul sweat.”

Ted Nugent’s ‘Ultralive Ballisticrock’ Track Listing

1. ‘Free for All’
2. ‘Stormtroopin”
3. ‘Wango Tango’
4. ‘Just What the Doctor Ordered’
5. ‘Wang Dang Sweet Poontang’
6. ‘Need You Bad’
7. ‘Turn It Up’
8. ‘Raw Dogs & War Hogs’
9. ‘Dog Eat Dog’
10. ‘Hey Baby’
11. ‘Fred Bear’
12. ‘I Still Believe’
13. ‘Motorcity Madhouse’
14. ‘Cat Scratch Fever’
15. ‘Stranglehold’
16. ‘Great White Buffalo’

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Looks to me like almost every song off "Double Live Gonzo" is on the new album.

The ONLY thing that really gets my attention is Derek St. John being back in the band but I wish Ted the best with his new album.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I seen Nugent 2 years ago with St. Holmes & it was a phenomenal show. St. Holmes sounded great. I will probably get this because it seems to be close to the same set list I seen. I just looked up on Wiki & he has released 7 live albums so far(although Intensities in 10 Cities was all new material).

He actually played in my area Sunday but I didn't feel like paying 40 bucks (80 actually because the wife really enjoyed him last time) to see him play outside of a bar. We still almost ended up going because An unannounced special guest was going to introduce him...1980's WWF Superstar Ted Dibiase "The Million Dollar Man". I found out about that from listening to an interview with Dibiase on a wrestling podcast . I know Nugent is pretty wild with his views & especially his language & I know Dibiase is a very religious person so I was curious but the show sold out

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
7 live albums Bucky...that's a lot but I'm not surprised.

Not sure I'll buy the new album, I am still psyched about the near mint vinyl copy I picked up of Double Live Gonzo last winter, it's almost perfect and sounds better than any of the 3 CD versions I've heard.:hab:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
The thing that really has my intrest in all of this is Derek St, Holmes as well.

Would be nice to get the Blu Ray edition just to store this in the old collector vaults. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I'm sure it will end up in your library MP, me I'm avidly searching for a mint vinyl copy of "Ted Nugent", his best studio album but so far no luck at all.:(

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd prefer to see a "new" setlist perhaps including rarer songs like these live...

1. "Where Have You Been All My Life?"

2. "Cruisin'."

3. "Come And Get It."

4. "Street Rats."

5. "Kiss My Ass."

6. "Just What The Doctor Ordered."

7. "I Just Wanna Go Hunting."

8. "I Shoot Back."

9. "Lady Luck."

10. "Free-For-All."

11. "Out Of Control."

12. "Thunder Thighs."

13. "Violent Love."

14. "Paralyzed."

15. "Venom Soup."

16. "Fred Bear."

- - - - - - - - ENCORE - - - - - - - -

17. "Living In The Woods."

18. "Weekend Warriors."

19. "Workin' Hard, Playin' Hard."

20. "Cat Scratch Fever."

Damn, I'd sure love to have a Concert and/or Live Album just like that. That would be like an absolutely perfect setlist in just about the right order with somewhat of a theme between songs in it, such as "I Just Wanna Go Hunting" to "I Shoot Back", "Free-For-All" to "Out Of Control", "Thunder Thighs" to "Violent Love", "Fred Bear" to "Living In The Woods" and for the Encore you can go back home and get ready to do what you do from "Weekend Warriors" to "Workin' Hard, Playin' Hard." The rare and Classic all in one. Any true diehard Ted Nugent fan would love to hear/see a Concert like that, no doubt. Ted Nugent has truly stood the test of time above most other artists of his time that have fallen. I've seen him several times in the past few years for both the "Love Grenade" and "Craveman" tours and it's like he's only in his 30s or 40s showing no trouble at all playing like the maniac that he's always been and that we all love him for. Go see him live if you haven't already kids! He's as good as ever!:bow:

Last edited:

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score

The ONLY thing that really gets my attention is Derek St. John being back in the band but I wish Ted the best with his new album.

Except for the title cut, I think.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online