Ted Nugent (Official Thread)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
One of the COOLEST back covers ever!!! :****: :grinthumb

Still love this song!!

Restored the remainder non working videos throughout the thread too for all the Nuge fans :grinthumb

Something that has always niggled me about the back cover is that it implies Nugent did not use any effects pedals, which is not the case. He uses a lot of sustain, if nothing else. It's a great album, due to Derek St. Holmes's singing and playing - so it's a pity his own band, St. Paradise, who were also great, did not take off.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
What I like best about Ted Nugent is that it's got one foot in rock, and the other in blues.

Stranglehold, Hey Baby, You Make Me Feel Right At Home, and Where Have You Been All My Life are great cuts with a bluesy flavor.

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
Ted kicks a$s no matter what style he'd play. By the way, the Damn Yankees album is quite good too. It's better than just the one hit, ya know?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Funny when I bought Free For All back when it came out I really didn't like it much, I'll always rate "Ted Nugent" and "Cat Scratch Fever" as his two best studio albums but over the years Free For All has grown on me a bit.

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
^^Yea, I got burnt out on Cat Scratch Fever XD litterally, used to jam to it al ot in Call of Duty sessions on PS3 XD. I didn't like Free for All at first either when I listened to itl for the first time Friday, I put it on and immediately I was like "No...". But, I put it on again when I was just chilling in my room and I sat there for a moment and I was like "Man, this is good. What was I thinking? ". Right now I am listening to his Weekend Warriors album (on Vinyl :)), I Love it and I personally recommend it as well. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Weekend Warriors is good, but for me Ted's masterpiece is Double Live Gonzo, one of the few artists that I rate their live album as their best work. Get a vinyl copy of it if you can, the CD's sound sterile by comparison.

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
^^ Will do :) I've heard only good and Great things about Double Live Gonzo. Also a friend recommended I get Spirit of The Wild on Vinyl, what are your/ and others thoughts on it, if you do not mind me asking?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Spirit of the Wild is good and hard to find on vinyl, at least where I live I've been looking for a long time and still haven't seen a copy.

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
^^Funny when I bought Free For All back when it came out I really didn't like it much, I'll always rate "Ted Nugent" and "Cat Scratch Fever" as his two best studio albums but over the years Free For All has grown on me a bit.
I love "Weekend Warriors" and "Spirit Of The Wild" is not to be denied. Absolutely "epic.":bow:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online