Ted Nugent (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Ted Nugent Assembling ‘Killer Riffs’ for New Album

Ted-Nugent.jpg

It’s been more than six years since Ted Nugent released a studio LP, but the Motor City Madman isn’t hanging up his six-string. In fact, it sounds like fans will get some brand new tunes for their varmint-huntin’ mixtapes in the very near future.

The Nuge shared the news in a recent interview with Bravewords, conducted to promote his new live CD/DVD set ‘Ultralive Ballisticrock.’ “‘Really good’ sucks where I come from,” boasted Nugent. “You have to be ungodly. You have to be scary. Flames have to come out of your ass before you can be in my band. And we capture that — as we do every night — heroically and magically capture that on this DVD.”

Aside from the usual live favorites, ‘Ballisticrock’ contains a new song, ‘I Still Believe’ — and Nugent says that’s just the tip of the camouflage-covered iceberg. Revealing plans to enter the studio in February or March, he promised, “Your cravings for real, American, rhythm and blues, driven rock ‘n’ roll will be very, very happy when you hear my new songs. I have some killer licks and riffs and powerhouses, and we love the music. We can’t wait to record.”

And what makes those licks and riffs so killer? According to Nugent, his writing process at this point resembles “a really good s—,” because “my plumbing processes work really purely. It’s a pure plumbing system. And so my musical plumbing, whether it’s mental or just spiritual, and God knows physical, I live life so to the fullest, that by being clean and sober, it makes my radar, my life’s radar work perfectly. And I mean, it really does. I just don’t miss nothin’.”

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I didn't realize he's cleaned up his act and gotten sober.

Years ago he used to do a show on WTVS the Detroit PBS station about hunting and outdoors activities. He gave an extended tour of his massive acreage in Michigan including explaining how he's replanted the land to the original flora so the wildlife will have plenty of food and cover to prosper.

Does anyone know why he moved to Texas...:hm: other than being politically motivated I will always consider him the original "Motorcity Madman".;)

Fever

Reaction score
Ted has never been a drinker or drug user- that's what I read and heard him say anyway

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Flames have to come out of your ass before you can be in my band. And we capture that — as we do every night — heroically and magically capture that on this DVD.

At least he's mellowed some over the years.

According to Nugent, his writing process at this point resembles “a really good s—,” because “my plumbing processes work really purely.

So...does this mean he's gonna dump a load of crap on us?

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I don't know...IMHO not a whole lot of his new material matches his first 5 or 6 albums :uh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
For my money Ted will never equal/surpass his self titled debut when it comes to studio albums. And Double Live Gonzo captures Ted and his band at their absolute peak.

Having said that I wish him well with his new album. (He's also partially deaf in one of his ears now, not as bad as Pete Townshend but it's affected Ted.)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
He was on the last tour...to record with him again would not only be cool but possibly a smart move

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online