Ted Nugent (Official Thread)

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Re: Ted Nugent

I like the Amboy Dukes period...a lotta energy there.
Also still like "Stranglehold" ...great for late night driving trips, also once when I was pulling into the Reno Hilton, Nugent and his band were playing "Cat Scratch Fever" at high volume at the Hilton Amphetheatre there....it was cool.
Ive got to check out more of his songs, love his playing on those Gibson Byrdlands.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Generator

Reaction score

My favourite track off the Free For All album is "Together"....

As for the later albums the best songs are - I think - "Stranglehold" and "Tied Up In Love"

....and the winning Nuge track of all time has to be "Thunder Thighs".

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score

Love terrible Ted. Not a huge fan of his politics but usually I don't let that stand in the way of my enjoying his music. Besides, I agree with him on the gun issue so....

Fred Bear is my favorite Nugent song. That and Cat Scratch Fever. He's pretty much not as nuts as people make him out to be.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

:bump:

Free-for-all and Cat Scratch Fever are my fave albums.

Stranglehold has to be my fave song:

Nugent is a very active polical figure in Michigan. He is very active in DARE and MADD, and very outspoken on his beliefs on gun control and the right to bear arms. He is also a Deputy Sheriff of Lake County in Michigan. It is rumored he will run for some major political office in 2010. I dont know if his past with a minor child, whom he took custody of to justify the relationship, will haunt him or not in his political persuits.

another strange tid bit about Nugent, he suffers from a major hearing loss. I would have never guessed this.

gguerra

Reaction score

Actually he now lives just outside of Waco Texas in Crawford. I saw him recently on the Travel Channel on No Reservations with Anthony Bordain

Midnight Rider

Captain Karma
Reaction score

I am quite a fan of Uncle Ted. He is unapologeticly pro gun and although I am not pro gun I like how he stands for something. So much of the celebrity types are complete phonies. He is refreshing. Not a bad artist either I might add.

Mr. Flee

Reaction score

up till gonzo is vintage motor city madman stuff ! !

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

HUGE MAD AXEMAN...........loved his bouts of axemanship with Frank Marino!!:):)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online