Strip 'em --- New Wave songs {closed}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aero

Reaction score
Those songs from The Hooters, Tears For Fears, and Simple Minds in my book are pop songs, no matter what Wikipedia says. Great songs nonetheless, but New Wave is supposed to have ties to punk. So something like I Ran seems more New Wave to me. Plus, it's synth heavy to the max.

I think Devo, Thomas Dolby, or even Talking Heads would have represented the category better than Don't You Forget About Me...however, it's definitely one of the best songs of the 80s.

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
^^I see what you mean :D. I would have been alright with I Ran, Devo, or Thomas Dolby winning or even the Talking Heads but I don't really care for Burning Down The House.

rocknrollpestcontroll

Jammin On The Drums
Reaction score
Those songs from The Hooters, Tears For Fears, and Simple Minds in my book are pop songs, no matter what Wikipedia says. Great songs nonetheless, but New Wave is supposed to have ties to punk. So something like I Ran seems more New Wave to me. Plus, it's synth heavy to the max.

I think Devo, Thomas Dolby, or even Talking Heads would have represented the category better than Don't You Forget About Me...however, it's definitely one of the best songs of the 80s.

Agreed. Personally I dont care for "Dont You (Forget About Me)" I mean it's not bad but doesnt really strike me as new wave. Never was a faviourite of mine I still disagree and say that I Ran should have won (and its not just because I nominated it) contains a great intro and really well made song with great gutair riffs. Pure new wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online