Steppenwolf (Official Thread)

Wolf

Reaction score
BTBW is/was an anthem I think it stands alone with just a handful of others.

I've got the first two albums and they are really good. I don't think I have heard any of the others.

BTBW is like Don't Fear the Reaper, More Than a Feeling and Radar Love, in that it is one of those songs everybody likes, but it is still great!

analoggal

Woman of the Country
Reaction score
Happy Birthday John Kay!

Happy Birthday John Kay - April 12th 1944

Guitarist and vocalist for Steppenwolf, John Kay was born Joachim Fritz Krauledat in the section of Germany that was then known as East Prussia. He never knew his father, who was killed fighting in Russia a month before John's birth. When less than a year old, John and his mother fled to what would soon become Communist-controlled East Germany. At the age of four, they undertook a perilous midnight escape into West Germany.

Growing up in Hannover, West Germany, John was greatly affected by the American rock 'n' roll he heard on U.S. Armed Forces Radio. Though he didn't speak English at the time, the music's primal energy touched something deep in him, instilling both a driving ideal of personal freedom and an abiding interest in American culture.

In the late 60s, John Kay and Steppenwolf emerged as one of rock's most enduring and respected bands, delivering hard-hitting, personally-charged, and uncompromising rock 'n' roll music.
–– Steppenwolf.com

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Recenty picked up the first three on vinyl at a used book store. All three are in excellent shape and play perfectly. I also have 7 and Skulldaggery on CD .....very cool band.

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
My Dad's first two albums were a Steppenwolf album and Big Hits & Fazed Cookies album by the Rolling Stones.

I say my Dad has good taste in music. haha

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Reaction score
LG said:
One of the greatest hard rocking bands of the late 60's early 70's.
I have the first album..... Its a stereo copy and Im wondering if that first one also had a mono release,anyone know?? (I prefer Mono if I can get it)

E-Z

Reaction score
I once had a lot of there albums on cds up to about 10 years ago but had a clear out of many of my lesser played cds and unfortunately I got rid of a number of Steppenwolf albums/cds in the process but I did keep a couple of BEST OFs and the live album/cd from 1970 plus the EASY RIDER sound track cd that has Born To Be Wild & The Pusher included on it amongst songs from other artist's and bands.

E-Z

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online