1971 For Ladies Only
1974 Slow Flux
1975 Hour of the Wolf
1976 Skullduggery
1982 Wolftracks
1984 Paradox
1987 Rock & Roll Rebels
1990 Rise & Shine

One of the greatest hard rocking bands of the late 60's early 70's. I will never forget hearing "Born To Be Wild" the day my Mom bought this album. Yeah my Mother introduced me to this band...how cool is that.:grinthumb

I only have 3 albums they are posted in the Collage below the Youtube video. I know but I like playing around with this stuff...lol. Anyway the debut album is a must have for any true fan of late 60's/70's acid rock-heavy metal, John Kay's singature vocals the heavy guitar, the smoldering keyboards the lyrics all come together to produce an unforgettable sound that still sends shivers down my spine when I play their albums.

The original and best line-up:

John Kay - Vocals

Michael Monarch - Guitar

Rushton Moreve - Bass Guitar

Goldy McJohn - Keyboards

Jerry Edmonton - Drums & Percussion.

The song that got my Instant attention.

My collection.

SteppenwolfAnimation1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Steppenwolf

Thanks Bry, they did so many great songs, but I wanted to start with the one I heard first.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

LG.. I'm going to be spending as much time in this thread as the Judas Priest:grinthumb
I was blessed to come from a big family with older cousins that were into all this great Rock.. Steppenwolf was one I heard since I was in diapers..
I got a chance to meet John Kay at the very first bar I worked at. He came and did a couple nights with just him and some others who were not in Steppenwolf.. But I still have a Tequila mini bottle he threw to me..
But I have lot's of Steppenwolf..
Your album Monster was the first one I bought..
I'm not sure if we will find as many songs by them like JP.. But I have lot's of their albums..
Where to start.. I guess with some songs that are deep cuts and need recognition.. Besides magic Carpet Ride, The Pusher, Born To Be Wild and so on.. I'll start with a favorite…

Rock Me

Glad you are showing some love to one of the early years most undesputed Rocken Bands..:grinthumb :bow: :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Thanks for stopping by Thumper,,,the Easy Rider cover in my collage was for you...I was inspired looking at your pictures in the photo album.:tup:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Thanks MP.:D

I will be needing all the help I can get in here though, I know the albums I posted but the others not so much.;)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Thanks for stopping by Thumper,,,the Easy Rider cover in my collage was for you...I was inspired looking at your pictures in the photo album.:tup:

That soundtrack has some great songs on it LG.. Don't Bogart that Joint..:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That is a classic, Little Feat do a really good cover on Waiting for Columbus.

Years ago I was living the life myself...:heheh:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

:D This is the only Steppenwolf album I don't really enjoy..
Maybe I need to spin it just to make sure.. I have a copy and if you own one.. The inside cover say's a lot about getting away with things in public that the police found offensive.. Ya know what I mean Vern???:lmao:
61Z3LyWeGtL._SS500_.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.