Steppenwolf (Official Thread)

E-Z

Reaction score
I still personally like the Live album from 1970 although I believe I read in the liner notes of a live Steppenwolf album from either the 1990s or 2000s that John Kay wasn't that happy with that live album from 1970 and preferred the later live album.

E-Z

RedSG

Reaction score
I got to see them open for The Byrds in 1970. Our little garage band did The Pusher. Now 50+ years later we're finally doing Born To Be Wild. I only have the first LP.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I got to see them open for The Byrds in 1970. Our little garage band did The Pusher. Now 50+ years later we're finally doing Born To Be Wild. I only have the first LP.
I’m jealous….you got to see SteppenWolf LIVE ! I was too young to see them :(

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Good rock band and the first 3 lps were solid especially the first 2.,,,,even 'Monster' had some nice things on it. After that I lost interest....I was always disappointed that they never had a 'mastepiece' lp.
After the first 2 being so solid I had hoped the third would be their great statement but it didnt happen.
I usually play a hits package these days when i play them.

RedSG

Reaction score
I’m jealous….you got to see SteppenWolf LIVE ! I was too young to see them :(
I'm jealous...you're young and I'm old! No, they were good, as I remember. Being a guitar player, I watched their guitar player, and he seemed a little spaced out. That could just have been his guitar face look! :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Also on At Your Birthday Party

Happy Birthday

starts off kinda weird but becomes one of the most soulful birthday songs ever!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online