Songs You Can't Stand

Aero

Reaction score
The Pretenders - Back on the Chain Gang

(or whatever it's called)

Seriously, I want to leave the room when that song comes on the radio, in fact I even did last night. I absolutely loathe that track. I will never understand how that band made it and furthermore will NEVER understand how they got into the RnR Hall of Sham on the first ballot. They have a couple of other, lesser known tracks that I can handle, but that one song in particular drives me nuts.

I can understand if you don't like the song or the band itself for whatever reason but they belong there a lot more than Madonna or The Beastie Boys, neither of which sing rock and roll. But that's the subject for another thread...

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Seeing as it is opinion based, yeah really. :tongue:
Have never been a big fan of After Forever, its one of those songs where it just didn't click for me, its probably THE only song I dislike of the first 6 Sabbath albums. If I mention 7 Ill throw You Won't Change Me off Technical Ecstacy in there.

It's one of my all time favourite Black Sabbath songs. The riffs, the lyrics, Ozzy's delivery. Just knocks me for 6. I must have listened to Master of Reality in it's entirety about 30 times in the last few months.

Saw Sabbath [with Bill :grinthumb] do After Forever at Download Festival in 2005. Shit got real that night when they dropped that after the opener N.I.B :heheh:

And Heartbreaker is one of my favourite Led Zeppelin songs... I have to listen to Living Loving Made Straight after, just makes sense :heheh:

Planet Rock always play it straight after too when Heartbreakers on the radio. Cheeky double helping of Led Zep :grinthumb

Marbles

Reaction score
Madness' version of It Must Be Love. The original, Labi Siffre, version was beautiful but, although I'm a fan of the Maddies, I loathe their version of IMBL, when all the couples in the audience start fawning over each other and looking at each other with gooey eyes. It's the point at which I usually go for a p*ss. It's either that or vomit. :oyea:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Cleveland is a bit too obsessed with Rush and I really could do without hearing "Freewill" or "Spirit of the Radio" ever ever ever again.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online