Register to remove these ads

Songs You Can't Stand

Discussion in 'Rock Lounge' started by Riff Raff, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Southern Comfort

Southern Comfort Long Hair Tribe

There is always that debate about new pop stars not writing their own music and that of course say's allot about talent these days..
    I used to not listen to radio since I have a boat load of albums cd's etc. But I did find a so called classic rock station to listen to while I work outside.. They thrown in some country and a few pop tunes.. When that Rhianna song comes on I have to turn it off. I just don't care for that dorky "Like Diamond"
    voice either she or some other girl keeps dropping in the song.

Lynch likes this.
  2. LostDecade

LostDecade Senior Member

I won!

3. Cozy 4ever

Cozy 4ever Member

the entire grunge genre

It wasn't rappers who destroyed rock and roll and it wasn't internet technology. It was a bunch of sniveling whining greasy-haired smackhead depression patients in flannel shirts and converse sneakers.

I am embarrassed to be a member of Generation X. Don't even blame the damn millennials, the whole thing was originally OUR fault.

4. Southern Comfort

I think when rap first started it was more different than what goes on today.. Artist like Kurtis Blow and other actually didn't sample too much others music. It was the no talent can't play a instrument rappers who screwed up the rap world. The gangster thug rap bunch and all the sampling other people songs and removing the word and rapping over loops is where I drew the line.
    It's always funny when they try to sing and they are flat as a board and sound uneducated. Especially when they make up words that have to rhyme.
    There are some rappers I can listen to like Dre.. Ice Cube.. some snoop..a few others.

Lynch likes this.
  5. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

Old school rap was pretty cool. I listened to quite a bit of it back in the early to mid 80's. Every Friday (or maybe it was Saturday) there was a gathering of hoodwink-wannabes that would meet up at the YMCA and would breakdance and just hangout and listen to a lot of that stuff.

Kurtis Blow
    Grandmaster Flash
    Fat Boys
    Run DMC
    Kool Moe Dee
    etc.

Long before it turned into a gansta/thug thing in the late 80's and early 90's. Some of the stuff that NWA & Public Enemy put out wasn't bad. Some was awful. The vast majority of hiphop in the 90's does absolutely nothing for me. A few songs here and there, but most of it is nails on a chalk board. Eminem was a breath of fresh air, inserting a comedic side to the genre while laying down bars like very few before him. While his social justice bullshit can go eat a dick (not just him, any entertainer), I still do appreciate much of his catalog.

6. Aero

Aero Senior Member

7. Southern Comfort

So bro. you used to hang out at the YMCA in the 80's and breakdance? Were you a hoodwick or a wannabe..? :heheh::heybaby:
    Have you ever in your life heard this song or the artist??

LostDecade likes this.
  8. Trickster

Trickster Band aid

Anything by Tyler Swift! :puke:

9. LostDecade

LostDecade Senior Member

I loves me some Sax...just not Kenny G.

I wanna puke every time I hear it.

Kinna like watching Billy Crystal or Tom Cruise in a movie.