Songs That Reflect Personal Evolution/Cautionary Tales/Character Arcs!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
What songs reflect this? In any movie there is a character arc where the character changes by the end. This also happens in songs with characters in songs. A lot are also first person. I tend to see a lot of Christian Rock songs do this!

Relient K-Who I Am Hates Who I've Been

This song made me think of the topic but it might not be the best example. It's just a depiction of someone who knows what they used to be and can reflect upon it now since he's a completely different person than before. Less story in this one and more message.

Relient K-Deathbed

This song is a great storytelling. It takes the trek of a man who was his own undoing throughout life and was going to die alone. He died with faith and therefore died in peace. Regardless of faith I think it's a beautiful song!

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers-Into The Great Wide Open

Great classic song about the rise and fall of a rock star! It does leave itself unresolved though IMO! This is also a gift for the Johnny Depp fans!

William Tell-Young At Heart
(lyric that says Ekko is Edgar Winter)

Beautifully tragic story about a woman who escapes everything that was never satisfied with anything in her life besides her addictions and ended up leaving everything only to die alone to her vices.

The Spill Canvas-The Tide

In some way the father has left in this story taking a family that was the ideal to self destruct. A distant and jaded mother turns her three beautiful children to grow up the same. This is not concrete because the song is heavily metaphoric in parts but that's what I gather.

Last edited:

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Just plain evolution songs...

I'll think up mine later.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi