Songs or albums that cause disagreements

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I'm no punk fan anyway, but I couldn't agree more about the Sex Pistols - I think they were a triumph of style over substance, although I don't think time has been especially kind to their music.
Meh, time has nothing to do with it, the SPs sucked no less back then than they do now. :****:

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
The only arguments and/or disagreements I have had it over U2. I've heard many friends and relatives who say they cannot stand them, because they use their music and concerts to push their political agendas. I think a lot of bands/artist do that to some extent, but for some reason U2 seems to be the most targeted. I even heard a classic rock DJ once say, he wishes they would just shut up. :uh:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I can understand people saying that because I've said it myself. I get tired of many musicians and other entertainers constantly preaching their social and political agendas on John Q Citizen.

They (musicians, actors, etc) have the stage (soapbox) to do it, so many of them use it. For me, it's not a left vs right issue as much as an "I don't want to hear you tell me what I should/shouldn't do ~and~ how I should/shouldn't think, what I should donate my time and money to, etc and worst of all ... telling me how I should vote, who I should vote for and I don't do what they say, I have a label thrown on me. :rolleyes:

If I want political commentary, I'll go to the 'experts' and try and sift through their BS rather than listening to some dingbat entertainer shoving their own agendas down my throat.

JM2CW.

Sorry, Kinda went off for a second there. This is a topic that I get irked about a lot. I'll shaddup now.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I can understand people saying that because I've said it myself. I get tired of many musicians and other entertainers constantly preaching their social and political agendas on John Q Citizen.

They (musicians, actors, etc) have the stage (soapbox) to do it, so many of them use it. For me, it's not a left vs right issue as much as an "I don't want to hear you tell me what I should/shouldn't do ~and~ how I should/shouldn't think, what I should donate my time and money to, etc and worst of all ... telling me how I should vote, who I should vote for and I don't do what they say, I have a label thrown on me. :rolleyes:

If I want political commentary, I'll go to the 'experts' and try and sift through their BS rather than listening to some dingbat entertainer shoving their own agendas down my throat.

JM2CW.

Sorry, Kinda went off for a second there. This is a topic that I get irked about a lot. I'll shaddup now.

That's okay. What you said reminds me of when the President speaks and then the networks spend the next hour telling you what he said. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
The Beatles as a whole. Tons of people tell me they are overrated, they weren't very good musicians, they were a boy band, they would have never made it without Epstein and Martin, etc,,,. All of that might be true, but I like them and they are my favorite band. I've gone to bat for them hundreds of time, but anymore, i'm just to tired to care. You either like them or you don't. My oldest brother despises them and says he cant handle any of their songs. I find it hard to believe that a catalog that vast doesn't contain even one song somebody couldn't listen to. I think its more of a personal thing. Regardless, I've yet to come across a band that showed such musical growth in such a short period of time as the Beatles did. They were singing She Loves You' and three years later you had 'Tomorrow Never Knows'. Right place at the right time? Who knows.

Well said :grinthumb

Everyone seems to have something to say about the Beatles being 'over rated' especially the rockers I find ;) I sometimes don't even like telling people about my love for the Beatles because of the reaction I always get.

The biggest problem the Beatles have is that they are known as being the biggest band in the world. I personally believe this to be true but it puts them on a pedal stool which music fans will continue to try and push them off of :rolleyes:

One comment I always get which really annoys me is, "The stones were better than the Beatles". I love the stones and some of their songs I count amongst my favourites, but can you really compare them to the Beatles? The amount and the variety of the music the Beatles produced in such a short space of time is incredible in my opinion and I am proud to count them as one of my favourite bands of all time :cheers2

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Staff online

Members online