Sly & The Family Stone (Official Thread)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Just listening to the Family's greatest hits set.All out rambunctious funk sure to pump up the party a few notches.Today's popular so-called R&B is either a form of accelerated pop(Beyoncé)or just downright insipid din(Kanye West)We need some REAL funk back in the top forty(Sly,George Clinton and Parliament,"Love Rollercoaster" Chaka Khan and Rufus' "Tell Me Something Good").IN the case of Kanye,anyone who wears a gold chain around his neck in the shape of a dollar sign is NO ARTIST!!Couldn't make things more clear his primary recording concerns lie in the areas of financial gain and ego advertisements.................................

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just listening to the Family's greatest hits set.All out rambunctious funk sure to pump up the party a few notches.Today's popular so-called R&B is either a form of accelerated pop(Beyoncé)or just downright insipid din(Kanye West)We need some REAL funk back in the top forty(Sly,George Clinton and Parliament,"Love Rollercoaster" Chaka Khan and Rufus' "Tell Me Something Good").IN the case of Kanye,anyone who wears a gold chain around his neck in the shape of a dollar sign is NO ARTIST!!Couldn't make things more clear his primary recording concerns lie in the areas of financial gain and ego advertisements.................................

I couldn't agree with you more.

There hasn't been any decent funk artists since the 70's.

E-Z

Reaction score
Sly's onetime bass player on the album THERE'S A RIOT GOING ON from 1971 Larry Graham was one bitch of a bass player even the great Bootsy Collins credits Larry for his funk style bass playing as THE MAN!!.

E-Z

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sly's onetime bass player on the album THERE'S A RIOT GOING ON from 1971 Larry Graham was one bitch of a bass player even the great Bootsy Collins credits Larry for his funk style bass playing as THE MAN!!.

E-Z

Id have to say some of my favorite bass players are funksters....they played bass lines that actually thump in your chest :tup:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlineclass

Staff online

Members online