Sly & The Family Stone (Official Thread)

CurtRHCP

Reaction score
I need to know more about this band, I often listen to their "Greatest hits", with stand, life, fun, ...

My favorite song is "Everybody Is A Star", just because It reminds me of Hillel Slovak...
Just because at the end of the rockumentary "Europe By Storm" (about the Chili Peppers), the end song is "Everybody Is A Star"...
And also because I like the lyrics, I feel it deep... It's my own interpretation... The lyrics means, on a simply way, no matter the probs you have... If you're down, there's someone who thinks of you... You're the star of someone... Someone who loves you for who you are... It's not the only meaning but it's what I feel first...

The first song I heard of this band was "If You Want Me To Stay", yeah it's still linked with the Chili Peppers, on their second album "Freaky Styley" their cover this great song.

Last edited:

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
I started listening to Sly & The Family Stone like 7 years ago. I over looked them for years. Man what a diverse band though. Love there brand of Funk & Roll

This is cool song

analoggal

Woman of the Country
Reaction score
Sly & The Family Stone

Altho I've loved their music for years, I just ordered my first Sly cd 2 days ago. I'm really looking forward to working the tunes into my playlists and just enjoying the cd. From Greatest Hits - Sly & The Family Stone...
Hot Fun in the Summertime

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
December 1971

Slyfam-riot1.jpg

There's a Riot Goin On went to #1 on the US Album Charts. The album was a response to Marvin Gaye's "What's Goin On"

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I`ve been thinking what album would you say to a newbie to listen to first...:grinthumb

JimJam

Reaction score
Although it's a collection, i'd go with Greatest Hits. It's wall-to-wall fantastic and sequenced as well as a regular album. Of their other albums my personal favorite is There's A Riot Goin' On but it's moody and would not make for an uplifting way to meet the Family Stone.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online