Slowdive

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Slowdive
Slowdive.jpg

This is a 90's group that I just discovered and with their lush, ambient building soundscapes they sound like precursors to groups I like such as M83 and Sigur Ros! Really cool otherwordly, sombering, dreamy music! Actually the definition of dreamy here! :grinthumb

Here's some tracks I discovered and liked!

Souvlaki Space Station
(my favorite)

Shine
(bright and luminous)

Dagger
(a darker moody track)

I'm really digging them thus far but I'm a novice! If anyone knows this 90's band be feel to chime if with a few anecdotes, some info or some cool tracks! :grinthumb

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Digging this up from the grave for the sheer brilliance and hilarious title of Souvlaki Space Station! :heheh:

That was one of the better instrumentals I've heard and I've got all 3 of their albums downloading soon. So hopefully later on I can come back with a more in depth and detailed post. This is classic shoegaze though so I shouldn't have much trouble listening, thanks for the recommendation! :cheers2

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
No problem Sal! I go through all sorts of stages in order to find new music (new to me at least :D)! This particular week I was trying everything I could from my favorite, now non-existent, music magazine Blender and really dug these guys for mood music! :grinthumb

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Oh I'm the same. At the moment soothing, dreamy music like this is immediately taking my fancy but next month it could be heavy metal or reggae or who knows what else! :heheh:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
M83 are more on the electronic side from the 2 songs I heard, they feel slightly cold to me for some reason. And I've already had my reggae phase, I was using it as an example! :heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Wow that is some trippy stuff!! Almost drifted off here!! Dagger and Allison were really cool as well!!

:grinthumb :cheers2

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Would just like to mention that from the "related videos" on Youtube of Slowdive songs, I managed to scoop out a couple more great 90's bands, Pale Saints and Chapterhouse :grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Good to find a thread for SLOWDIVE ! One of those mesmerising bands of the "shoegaze" movements of the 90s. Great news....they are back !! 2014 since they reformed have been very busy playing lots of festivals around Europe and the U.S. There is talk of new releases next year :grinthumb
They have still got it.....check out this footage

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online