Skipping Girl Vinegar

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I've heard this certain song a couple of times on the radio and I remembered today that it was from a Local Melbourne Group called "Skipping Girl Vinegar". And the songs called "Sift The Noise" which I thought was quite cool! :D

They have this other interesting song which I just heard as well called "One Chance":

Oblivion

Reaction score
Great songs :) I'm searching for them as we speak..

edit: but can't seem to find anything?! Anyone?

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Oblivion wrote:

Great songs :) I'm searching for them as we speak..

edit: but can't seem to find anything?! Anyone?

I think their only a new group, not sure how long their've been around, but I think their've got something on Myspace, though I heard that "Sift The Noise" is on a New Album of their's - perhaps it's a Debut album.

Like I mentioned earlier their a Melbourne based group, I think their name "Skiping Girl Vinegar" comes from the name of a famous Melbourne Icon Neon-Light sign of a Girl which Skips, but it's actually the Ground which moves up and down (not the girl! :D), but it's funny cause that sign was really forgotten about until Media coverage and an upgrade of the sign - so it runs all the time on Solar Power or something, means the Little Skiping Girl is back in business. The Vinegar is what she was promoting. Think there are 2 of these Iconic signs around Melbourne which go back to the 1930s. :D

Oblivion

Reaction score
:D they were probably strolling around town looking for a cool name :D

Still didn't find anything though..

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Well, trueblues know their music...but I must say "what's with the cartoons?".....great new band from Melby:):):)....will be following them......neat band name too .....keep me posted :)

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
In a way they do sound like Travis meets Dodgy via that band that sang Lemon Tree:):)

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I was reading somewhere that, their what they call an Alternative Folk Group, so I guess they'll be hauled away to the Folk section soon! :wtf: The music I presume was made this year and I thought the Cartoon storyline for those songs was quite cool. So perhaps Folk is making a resurgence?! :D I'll go down to the Music store and see if they have any albums in the Alternative Music section! :grinthumb

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
This is the recently Restored Skipping Girl Vinegar display I was referring to! :D Was first on full in Melbourne in 1936.

3200362054_2ec3967c56.jpg

I reckon the band have just come along and thought yep I like that name for the group! :D

Here's some info about the history about the sign! :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online