Singers Who Wouldn't Have Careers If....

Reaction score
it's some of the flaws that make many of them great, it depends on the singer though, Brad Delp would probably have a good shot too, he's got quite a range as well and is pretty spot on

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
it's some of the flaws that make many of them great, it depends on the singer though, Brad Delp would probably have a good shot too, he's got quite a range as well and is pretty spot on

Well believe you me, many of my favorite singers are far from pretty or perfect (Axl Rose for example).
I thought about bringing Brad Delp up but from what I've seen he set the bar far too high on studio recordings and his live performances just don't reach that standard...that's just what I think though. In either case Brad is one of my favorite singers.

Reaction score
Well believe you me, many of my favorite singers are far from pretty or perfect (Axl Rose for example).
I thought about bringing Brad Delp up but from what I've seen he set the bar far too high on studio recordings and his live performances just don't reach that standard...that's just what I think though. In either case Brad is one of my favorite singers.

hhis live performances were very hit and miss, he did have great stage presence though.. I can understand it because you get pretty much unlimited tries in the studio...only one live plus its not like he was using autotune or anything, so yeah just a better studio musician:D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
hhis live performances were very hit and miss, he did have great stage presence though.. I can understand it because you get pretty much unlimited tries in the studio...only one live plus its not like he was using autotune or anything, so yeah just a better studio musician:D

Plus he would overdub his own vocals multiple times to create the choir like backing vocals in many Boston songs. That is not something easy to replicate live. Brad was still a spectacular frontman all the same.

Zombeels

Reaction score
I think 95% of any Rock n' Roll act wouldn't even get a try out on any of these shows.

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
A few fine vocalists that would get the axe in today's vision of "talent" . . .

(Peculiar voices that I haven't yet seen listed.)

Bob Geldof
Adam Ant
Kate Bush
Donnie Iris
Buddy Holly
Scott Walker

I could think of more, but even so.

American Idol is overrated.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Well, I read somewhere that Elvis was kicked out of his school choir because they thought he was no good :heheh:

So I daresay a 50's version of Idol would also have given him the boot

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
And you are spot on too, btw. Personally, I don't believe that the vast majority of the people that vote for A.I. have the slightest idea what real talent is. The biggest problems with the show (and there are a lot of them) is introducing these people as ANYTHING other than vocalists. We do NOT need to know their background, where they come from, how hard they had it, how good they had it, what craptastic jobs they worked so hard at to save up enough money to buy an outfit that they could go down to the AI auditions and show off their "amazing" :rolleyes: talents to a former dancer/choreographer (Paula), a record producer you NEVER heard of prior to getting on this show (Randy) and one of the world's biggest a-holes who you ALSO never heard of before this show (Simon).

Well, yeah, but that wouldn't make much of a TeeVee show. The back stories help create characters which people can get behind. It may be bad music, but it's good TV. They've picked a few winners commercially (Kelly Clarksen, Chris Daughtrey, Carrie Underwood), but most of the winners and runners up have returned immediately to obscurity. Because it's not about picking talent, it's about getting ratings.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.